The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Really 30+ dogs for one handler

Ray:
    You are one of the good guys in this biz, and I am really sorry you have had to put up with all this. Hope to see you soon.
    Mark
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Who ever accused Ray of not working is nuts. I have worked along side of him and he works hard. Not only did he work the Master flgt I was in, he finished running his dogs, and went in to cook the judges dinner.
    Of course most of the pros down south work and run dogs.

Ray and Melissa are great folks, both seem very hard working and I had no doubt they would keep things running smooth! I would be more upset about a pro scratching what? 17 dogs?? really? Last minute. unless of course it was an emergency or something. Those spots could have been to other dogs and handlers not to mention the club taking it for the team on short notice. This makes no sense to me. unless I am missing something.

Ray and Melissa are both assets to the retriever community. It is no surprise to me the test ran smoothly.
    Mark Land

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishduck View Post
    Ray and Melissa are both assets to the retriever community. It is no surprise to me the test ran smoothly.
    Amen to this. Ray and Melissa are just plain "good folks" who I look forward to seeing at a HT.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Curious - based on expressed thread comments why do Hunt Test people have sooo much drama considering they participate in a standard driven activity?

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Curious - based on expressed thread comments why do Hunt Test people have sooo much drama considering they participate in a standard driven activity?
    I know how some snort at HT but don't ever think we don't train hard, spend a lot of time and money running the venue we choose or that we don't have pride in our dogs. I see plenty of drama at FT. Doesn't matter what color the ribbons are, every venue has its issues. Mocking what's going on with HT and limited entries right now isn't really a joke to some of us.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Shanks View Post
    Glad to see there is a few people on here with their cup half full instead of half empty. I have only 13 dogs entered at west central with just my name on them. A good many of the other entries will be handled by the owner. Todd there is room for one more dog so feel free to enter yours. If you would like to discuss this with me my number is 706-338-9040. People that know me know the club will not have to wait on me or incur additional expenses.
    This thread is a lot like the Ferguson, MO news coverage. People have taken some data, made some assumptions, and gone off half-cocked. With ALL this conversation, not a single person has suggested the possibility that a handler has put your name on the entry form to insure that they were in the same flight...for whatever reason. If someone has already mentioned this, I apologize.
    HRCH Cas-Hi Through the Dust MH - "Deacon"
    Boomer's Webb Footed Contessa - "Tessa"

Todd was wondering how your introduction went? I assume you will chime in some time.

Well I'm just curious and inquiring minds want to know!
    The thread started out as a real knife fights, nut kicking and mud slinging affair.
    Ray and crew were the evil empire! Then it ends on a group hug note

Just how many dogs did Ray run ?

Just me being curious again
    Dk