The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Junior HT Rule question

Labs and Swampcollie, PLEASE read the rulebook. Not just parts of it. A slipline IS allowed in Junior per the RULEBOOK! NOWHERE does it state that in Junior, you need to hide the slipline. I can't believe that so many people keep making up rules that don't exist.

If you don't want to read the rulebook, then contact the AKC rep. that helped write the rulebook. Maybe Jerry can convince you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gassner View Post
    Labs and Swampcollie, PLEASE read the rulebook. Not just parts of it. A slipline IS allowed in Junior per the RULEBOOK! NOWHERE does it state that in Junior, you need to hide the slipline. I can't believe that so many people keep making up rules that don't exist.

If you don't want to read the rulebook, then contact the AKC rep. that helped write the rulebook. Maybe Jerry can convince you.
    John....maybe you should read the entire rulebook....a slipline is EQUIPMENT, and can not be exposed after sending the dog...just like the leash you bring the dog to the line is ALLOWED, but is considered EQUIPMENT and must be put away after sending the dog...Swamp and I posted exact rules from the book...it's pretty clear...I noticed you didn't respond to my post in the last thread concerning this issue..."the rule book doesn't say you can't take your dog to the line in a Suburu, but we all know you can't do that"...I was at a judging seminar in March, with Jerry...when did you attend your last seminar?

Dead Horse officially beaten -
    The dog will always prove you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    I find it pretty bizarre that an exposed lead in Junior is such a big deal, while in Senior and Master they MAKE YOU brandish a wooden club, that sort of looks like a shotgun.
    I guess we all know what your heeling stick looks like, copterdoc...=)
    The dog will always prove you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Labs View Post
    John....maybe you should read the entire rulebook....a slipline is EQUIPMENT, and can not be exposed after sending the dog...just like the leash you bring the dog to the line is ALLOWED, but is considered EQUIPMENT and must be put away after sending the dog...
    It does not say that in Junior. In fact, it specifically exempts Junior from the disqualification for exposed training equipment, as I have posted here twice. Maybe you are the one that should read the entire rule book.

I don't really pay much attention to rules, however, I know from prior discussions that I cannot take my dog to the line on a choke chain in Juniors. Hope that helps.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

In April during my first JR HT, Saturday judge stated leash must be in pocket, Sunday's judge said just drop it behind you, pocket don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by scothuffman View Post
    In April during my first JR HT, Saturday judge stated leash must be in pocket, Sunday's judge said just drop it behind you, pocket don't really care.
    That was my experience also.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

[QUOTE=Labs;1227660]John....maybe you should read the entire rulebook....a slipline is EQUIPMENT, and can not be exposed after sending the dog...just like the leash you bring the dog to the line is ALLOWED, but is considered EQUIPMENT and must be put away after sending the dog...Swamp and I posted exact rules from the book...it's pretty clear...I noticed you didn't respond to my post in the last thread concerning this issue..."the rule book doesn't say you can't take your dog to the line in a Suburu, but we all know you can't do that"...I was at a judging seminar in March, with Jerry...when did you attend your last seminar?

Doublehaul got it right! A slipline IS allowed in the Junior. Please show me where it says how long you can have it "exposed" or when you have to put it away. BTW...IT DOESN'T!

I recently spoke with Jerry about this topic. Why don't you?

My last seminar was a bout two years ago in California with Jerry. I have since taken the written exam. I also read the rules before each event I judge. Not just part of the rules that I then misconstrue. I have judged several times this Spring.

Does this mean I win, or do you want to keep beating this horse?

Your Subaru analogy is absurd. Your logic, absent.