RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2014 National Amateur Retriever Championship LIVE Coverage......

101K views 376 replies 98 participants last post by  Butch Chambers 
#1 ·
Text Font Banner Brand

Welcome Retriever Fans!!!!

It is that time of year again when the days grow long and Retriever Enthusiast's travel from all corners of the earth to view, volunteer, & participate in competing for the coveted title of the 2014 NATIONAL AMATEUR RETRIEVER CHAMPION!

An extraordinary event that challenges every aspect of retriever training and the talents bestowed upon these fine retrievers. Only the best of the best will be here in Roseburg,OR to compete. The retrievers who have earned a BLUE ribbon and two additional points in one fashion or another to qualify for the championship stake will be given a chance to display their skills over 7 grueling days and 10 intricate series.

This event is reported to you LIVE by Retriever News and THANKS to our gracious SPONSORS Purina, Avery, Ainley, Rammin Retrievers, Mountain Top Custom Kennels, and YBS Media we invite you to participate in the experience of this classic event known as the 2014 NATIONAL AMATEUR RETRIEVER CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Click on the link below to start following the excitement:

http://2014narcblog.theretrievernews.com/

See less See more
#2 ·
Yay Tera, you and Gwen do a great job, I hope you have a good internet connection this time, looking forward to being there and following the blog if my At&T connection is good.

#12 ·
Anxiously looking forward to the start of the NARC & all the reports. Even though the event catalog says I will be there helping with the Hostess committee, (Don't know where they got that idea, lol) I will be back in Iowa glued to the internet & phone cheering on all by friends.
Thanks to the team for keeping us informed.

#13 ·
Thanks everyone for your appreciation to the News Team! It is certainly much appreciated (I think that's a double negative or positive :) hee hee) We would love for any & all to sign in to the BLOG comment, participate, & CHEER on your Favorite Teams!!!!! Trust me when I say they will be checking the BLOG! Again Enjoy!

#16 ·
Thanks Tera, Gwen, Tina and the rest of the News crew! You gals always do a great job! I look forward to reading the blog next week. I am super jealous that I can't be there, but will live vicariously through you all :)

#20 ·
From the blog: "Mat is facing due south". Then "Wind is now stronger from the south making the marks all downwind". ???

Sounds like they are running INTO the wind???

JS

#26 ·
What is the record for highest number of un-titled dogs running the National Am?
Tks

#27 ·
Are these two dogs related? Sure sounds like it!
97. FC-AFC Trulines Walla Walla Sweet (Pink), LF, Mark MedfordFlyer: Drilled it!
R: Stepped on it!
Blind: three whistles for a pretty in pink completion to this blind retrieve.
102. FC-AFC Mercy Mercy Mercy Me (Mercy), LF, John Stracka
Flyer: Pinned it!
S: Hammered it!
Blind: nice job with three whistles carrying Mercy to the bird.

#28 ·
Regarding wind: My uneducated observation from the gallery. The dogs are running up hill at quite an angle. The terrain is such that the line is down in a bowl with hills rising in every direction. The wind is tricky in that kind of terrain. Even on top of the hill where the gallery was, the wind was swirling a bit.

#32 ·
If you look at the callbacks page they have an H for nitro which is dog 27 I believe so something tells me they prolly made it to dog 32 and finished the 1/2 series. I think the blog is still on 14 though. Obviously it takes longer to keep a detailed record than just putting H down for a dog none the less they are doing a good job

question for the educated folk: do you think sliders pop and return to the line (at 3 feet away) was ruled as confusion and that's why he was allowed to run the blind or does he possibly face not getting called back for popping? He's a nice dog hate to see it happen but would love an explanation. A lot of peoples picks are on the line...

#33 ·
No one said he popped. It's totally up to the judges though. They may have called it confusion and if so, no harm no foul. If they call it a no-go, they will drop her... But as a judge, I would have done it then rather than give her hope. (If I felt it was a no go)

#34 ·
From description Slider did not Pop nor was it confusion, which applies to blinds only, or a no go.
What sometimes happens on marks is the dog may be sent with too soft a voice and after taking a few strides returns to handlers side. A pop means dog sat and required handling. What seemed to happen here is likely a non issue. Same happened to me once and got 2nd place.

#36 ·
I agree that it's probably a non-issue, but not that confusion applies on blinds. Any failure to go on a blind is a no-go and mandatory elimination. On marks, the scenario you describe is considered confusion and a very minor fault unless repeated. I'm biased when discussing Slider, but without having seen the work, I'm guessing the judges will consider it confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.