The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISIS: The first terror group to build an Islamic state?

Default ISIS: The first terror group to build an Islamic state?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/world/...rticle_sidebar

Did our involvement in the Middle East create a bigger monster.... ?
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Or did quiting on a job before it was done leave an opening?
    Stan b & Elvis

Yes.

And, the Shi'a are armed well enough to take on the Sunni insurgency. They won't fight if they think we will do the fighting for them which is what American NeoCons would like for us to do.

The Shi'a Kurds are armed to the nines and are willing to take this Sunni insurgency on. However, since we disrupted the balance of power the Kurds may be willing to form an alliance with Iran which is mostly Shi'a. That is unless the Saudis are willing to come up with some cash and troops to keep the Iranians out. But, the Saudis too are looking for America to fight their fight. They gone a great job of manipulating our Foreign Policy in the past and they know they have support for the so-called Conservatives in DC to fight their fight. Though Saudi Arabia is mostly Sunni, the royal family knows that a Sunni government with no king would oust them.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

This is a big old shi'ite sandwitch that both parties have to take a bite of. Both Republicans and Democrats gooned up the middle east and now we are all going to have to deal with the consequences.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

If you look it up you will find that the war between Muslims began in Iran when the rebelled against the Shaw! This was when Carter was President, and although the leaders of the radical Muslims where in Iran, in exile, Carter pulled the rug out from under the Shaw, which in turn allowed the rebellion to succeed! That was the beginning of the growth of radical Muslims....

Meanwhile there is a whole bunch of our citizens surrounded in Baghdad
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Meanwhile there is a whole bunch of our citizens surrounded in Baghdad
    200 American contractor from what I see this morning....I wonder if Obama will 'not leave them behind'....?

Aren't the Kurds Christian? I could be wrong. This is very interesting and shows how little we know about managing the Middle East. We took a dictator of a stable regime out and replaced it with a democratic government that the country knew would not last, and trained troops that would not fight to defend it

How interesting would it be if after this CF we become allies with Iran as we should have been since we screwed mossadegh in the fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Aren't the Kurds Christian? I could be wrong. This is very interesting and shows how little we know about managing the Middle East. We took a dictator of a stable regime out and replaced it with a democratic government that the country knew would not last, and trained troops that would not fight to defend it

How interesting would it be if after this CF we become allies with Iran as we should have been since we screwed mossadegh in the fifties.
    Just read that Iran is willing to do a joint venture on the ISIS thugs.. funny how a common enemy can unite our two countries.. I really feel we need to put a stop to ISIS, less we be attacked by them here on our soil. Let's see how they like some good old American firepower rung down on them.

Once we drive them out of Iraq we then must keep our spoils of war... the Oil. Work with Iran afterwards to stabilize the area. At least by taking control of the oil, we can pay for the illegal immigrants back home, and for our military intervention.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Can anybody give me an example of Western military intervention other than the first Gulf War and the destruction of the Iranian oil platforms that had a positive outcome? I'm having a tough time coming up with one.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford