The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New toy

The American way...innovate and competition in the free market....glad this part of our country is still alive!

This is great I used bumper boys for a long time.
    I do prefer birds BUT...when you are teaching young pus to mark and need a mark while the pups in route, this would be ideal. You could also use for several marking drills! Definite game changer if the product is durable!

I contacted RRT a week or so back about this product when I saw it on their site. Glad to see a prototype is finally out. I'm looking to get my hands on a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel907 View Post
    But you can buy the unit with out electronics and use TT , dogtra, I bet sportdog will work with it too.
    Are you sure that TT and Dogtra can support more than 2 launchers? I have a TT remote release and it only has 2 electrical connections and therefore would only be able to support 2 launchers/servos. Looking at Dogtras web page it looks like their remote release receiver also only supports up to 2 electrical connections. Sportdogs remote release receiver supports up to 9 electrical connections so it is probably your only non-R-R-T option if you want more than 2 launchers.

Please let me know if I am wrong. I am currently looking at different remote release options. Thanks!
    Last edited by Eric VA; 06-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.

I use a Dogtra RR Delux set up with my wingers. One transmitter can control up to 8 receivers. Each receiver has two electrical connections, left and right. I'd guess that each receiver would control two of these launchers.

It seems to me that this device would be a great way to add flexibility to our training arsenals without having to pay for built in dedicated electronics.
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." ~Rex Carr

TT and Dogtra will fire as meny shooters as you want Old or new releases system.
    Dogtra for instance channel 1 on trainsmiter and recever is pluged into this four shooter every time I press launch it will fire. One recevier will control the unit no matter how meny shots you have. You only need one recevier for the whole unit. The optional electronics that you can get with it is a one button operation. I will make a video tomorrow.
    Last edited by Joel907; 06-16-2014 at 12:10 PM.

How is that Joel?
    If each receiver can only shoot 2 per unit?

I do see sport dogs release system being a player since they say their receiver can launch 4 "birds" per unit

It will work will work with old dogtra one ports too.
    RRT would not tell me how he fig out how too do it.
    You can have a 100 shot unit if you wanted and you would only need one recevier.

how water proof is this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel907 View Post
    It will work will work with old dogtra one ports too.
    RRT would not tell me how he fig out how too do it.
    You can have a 100 shot unit if you wanted and you would only need one recevier.
    It sounds like the unit will only fire the launchers in a predetermined order. Each signal from the transmitter fires a launcher and then sequences it to the next launcher. The next time you hit the button it will fire the next launcher and sequence to the following launcher.

So w/ a quad launcher, if you had 2 launchers aimed to the left and 2 launchers aimed to the right, from the remote you couldn't determine the order that you would get a left or right launch. You would have to determine that when you loaded it by pointing the each launcher in the direction that you wanted the bird to launch per the predetermined firing order.
    Last edited by Eric VA; 06-16-2014 at 04:32 PM.