The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dividing the hunt test pro/ am

Default Dividing the hunt test pro/ am

After reading the 30 dogs for 1 handler post, I thought....

Would it be better to have a pro trained/ handled stake and a amature trained / handled stake?

Just seems like with master nat'l now a title and 1 kennel running 30 dogs. Some flights filling up with in hours,It's hard for the amature hunt tester to get in to run a test.

We are having our 1st akc test this fall, it's scheduled for the week of the master natl's. we did limit our dog numbers and it filled up in less than a week even with the master nats going on and from my understanding Passes will count towards 2015 mn. As we paid the master natl dues.

Just a thought, not pot stirring

Just a thought the amateurs who own those dogs may not like what you suggested. Maybe the amateurs who own their own dogs should be the only ones who can enter their dog in these events! JMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Not pot stirring either, but maybe the owners were the ones that entered those dogs? Kinda explains how fast they got in! To each their own, but if I want to enter an event I'll figure out how to get it done!
    Black as mollases, call name Strap

Sire: Fc Afc Land ahoy "PIRATE"

Dam: Ten bears little bit "BUTTON"

I'm sorry I just don't understand this hunt test situation. I quit running hunt tests years ago. However I do run trials and have for quite a frew years. Complaints about Masters, why don't they do like trials and start Masters on Friday. They could have two Masters tests, second one starting after first one finishes.Limit entries to one test per dog you can have 60-75dogs per test and have three days to finish two tests. Pro's won't mind Friday starts, they're used to it at trials. Seniors never seems to be an issue, and only have one Junior test, hell you could have 100 dog Junior test and still get done in one day. Sorry not trying to offend anyone just thinking out loud. Guy

Why wouldn't they like it? What's the difference in a amature running a pro trained dog in a FT
    Of course it could lead to adding more titles lol you have to add an A to th MH titles
    I'm not suggesting this by any means. I just threw this out for discussion

The trainer could have someone sitting by the computer with their finger on the send button waiting for the books to open too

Dog guy that could work possibly.
    Last edited by BIG DOG; 06-14-2014 at 08:14 PM.

I've started an entry service called entry express express for master tests. For an additional 5$ per event our service will enter you and your dog and or pro in master hunt tests, alleviating dog owners of the tedious and monumental task of logging on and registering themselves in a timely manner.

Entry express express- Now you too can have a pro in your corner when that test opens up!!!

Sorry JHnny but if you check the EE pro section you will see they already do that and do not even pay until the end of the month....
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

No- we as a service negotiate all those tricky entry express pitfalls- for the ameteur- even if you co own your dog!!! You may not have the land the water or the expertise- but with us in your corner even volunteer hunt test workers regular old club members can get there dogs entered like a pro.
    Last edited by jhnnythndr; 06-14-2014 at 11:52 PM.

O/H HT.... I like the idea.....

Jhnny, sorry misunderstood your service is there a link you would like to share?
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."