"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"
"I donít believe people should be able to own guns."
"I will not sign a healthcare reform plan that adds one dime to our deficits, either now or in the future."
"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money."
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."
B. Hussein Obama
First game...they needed full points and were able to get it. Hopefully that's the worst game they play though or they could still be in trouble. Portugal having been spanked by Germany will be flying on Sunday and we need to get at least a point there. Bradley needs to play much better then he did as do several other players. Hopefully the injuries aren't as bad as they looked yesterday although Altidore is probably done. Anytime your running and then grab your hamstring after no contact has been made...that's never good. Deuce will look like he got in a bar room fight with that broken nose to! LOL
"If you have watched a pup learning the game, I do not have to tell you what it is like, and if you have not, I probably can't."- Datus Proper
TNT Sailors Lil Hurricane Addie MH ***
WR Cedars Field Blazing Tucker SH
here is a chance to watch the worlds biggest ever sporting event played by 70% of the worlds best sportsman the other 30% are playing rugby tennis cricket and golf
Im not a soccer lover either but it is immensely popular and i can appreciate that it has enormous skill
like it or not the world loves soccer
Somebody explain how off sides works and what the difference is between the penalty cards.
Been to a few MLS games but don't understand the rules. Thanks
Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.
If a player flops and screams in agony when you look at him you get a yellow card. If you actually touch the player and he flops and screams in agony, you likely get a red card. Two yellows used to get you a red but don't know anymore. I do know from my high school days if you yank the yellow card out of the ref's hands and tear it up, you get a red card
I am not a huge soccer fan, my son is.
So I decided to learn a little.
I researched Coach Klinsman and the players he chose.
He specifically stated he wanted players with "the WILL to win."
He has also stated that the USA has to develope their own brand of soccer and not trying to be like England or France or Italy etc.
Last night, this team showed the "WILL to win!"
They just kept coming and would not quit!!
The American way!
They defeated a superior opponent using disciplne, executing a solid strategy and not quiting!
At the end, the USA team was "Runnin' on Empty!!!"
I was proud of what they did.
It's all about HEART to me!
Stan b & Elvis
USA USA USA!!! Portugal and Ronaldo better watch out on the 22nd.
Ahh the World Flop Fest that comes around every 4 years.
The poor officiating which borders on game fixing along with the fake injuries makes it largely unwatchable for me. I played soccer growing up, understand the sport, respect the worldwide fan passion, and admire the athleticism but other than the US games I won't watch a minute more (not enough Euro envy I guess). We'll be out pretty quick, our team doesn't appear to have the endurance other teams do.