The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada may criminalize e-collars

This topic will be discussed on a conference call this evening by the Canadian National Committee I am told. (It is on the agenda among other topics, this is not a special meeting just to discuss this situation.)

Alain, Your English is great. I very much appreciate your time on the phone and will offer that if you ever, ever feel difficulty with an English Speaking American in written form, please get them on the phone. I work a good bit with French Speaking Quebec residents and your English is great!

Thank you for your time today!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Chris, the pleasure is all mine!
    Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,
    Alain Jetté
    AJTOP RETRIEVER
    www.ajtop.com

I have been told that e-collars are outlawed in the UK, so guess this is not surprising. If you don't want it to happen in the US, we should all be supporting organizations that work against this kind of legislation. Got an email from the AKC Pac this morning and I am going to contribute. www.akc.org/pac Fight now or lose what you hold dear in the future.
    Last edited by Pat Puwal; 06-18-2014 at 03:55 PM. Reason: missspelled

No problems we had retriever training before e collars. Any good videos or books on how to properly use bird shot for training? ...........? Oh crap I bet there is.

It is not only the e collars you need to worry about being ban, but the birds. This last weekend I was at a seminar for barn hunts and was told Canada was outlawing barn hunts because they are worried that the rats are being abused.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Alain, Your English is great.
    !
    Chris, that is what I kept telling him when I was puppy searching. His English is much MUCH better then my French. An all around great guy to deal with and does love his dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    It is not only the e collars you need to worry about being ban, but the birds. This last weekend I was at a seminar for barn hunts and was told Canada was outlawing barn hunts because they are worried that the rats are being abused.

Terri
    We already cannot use live flyers in Canada the way they are used in AKC tests. We can only use live birds if they free flush. No winger thrown or hand thrown and shot. It has been quite a number of years since that was added to the criminal code here.
    Shelly Blom & the Sterre Goldens
    "Breeze" HR Trowsnest Sterre Autumn Breeze MH CCA/Can SH WCX
    "Butch" Can. Ch Sterre Badlands Outlaw JH WCI CDX/Am JH
    "Bonnie" Sterre Texas Bluebonnet JH WCI/Am JH
    "Winter" Can/UKC Ch Amberwood Winter Wonderland SH WCX CD CCA VC/Can SH CD WCX VCI (at the bridge)
    Guelph, ON

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post

Terri
    Had to know that was coming... With all the namby pamby's... It will follow here in time. My wife got into the barn hunts too. Thought about that... But the damn rats were in an air condition room being pampered when they were not out in their tubes "working".
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    No problems we had retriever training before e collars. Any good videos or books on how to properly use bird shot for training? ...........? Oh crap I bet there is.
    More sling shots and BB guns....!!?? Don't you just love these big governments....helping us live our lives...!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Had to know that was coming... With all the namby pamby's... It will follow here in time. My wife got into the barn hunts too. Thought about that... But the damn rats were in an air condition room being pampered when they were not out in their tubes "working".
    I didn't think the rats were abused, but some people think that asking anyone or thing to work is abuse. They think the rats should be free, until it comes to their house. The lady giving the seminar has her dogs work to eliminate rats from houses, but she does have a group of pet rats for training. It was funny that my younger Labrador went on point as soon as she smelled the rat. I didn't think I was bought one of those pointing Labs. We might play this game, my Labradors seemed as though they liked it, but I'm not going to have any pet rats. I can't be in the sun anymore to train for hunt test, so have been looking for something indoors or at night to satisfy the hunting habit.

Terri