The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Redskins

Well I'm offended by the way the cowboys play, I think it gives cowboys a bad name, so they ought to change their name. I'm not very tall so I'm offended by the giants name. I'm not very fast so the jets and jaguars should change theirs as well. I bet almost every name could be look upon by somebody in a negative light. Just more giving in to the extreme libs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Brave = Native American Warrior, some find it offence but not as bad as Redskin though yea it should be changed.
    Blackhawk = A Tribe
    Indians = This does frustrate some Native Americans because they thought at first they were from Indian but it is not inherently raciest.

Redskin on the other hand is purely a raciest term. Again name me one use of the term outside of the Washington Redskins where it is used not as a raciest slur? I am not a Obama fan at all but the article accused him then provided no proof or even a single argument as to how he was involved. This is a hack article. PS the 2004 pole was not well respected and had a ton of issues with it. The argument that they should have stopped it in 1932 is a joke too. Really, 1932 when in most places non-whites couldn't even vote due to local Jim Crow laws. PS if you ask me how I am such as expert, my wife is a Cherokee Indian and if you were to use that word in front of her or my kids ...... well you get the point.
    Bless your heart, you missed the point again. You're so busy climbing up on your soap box to prove how offensive the name is that you can't focus on the real issue. The patent office is allowing plenty of "offensive" names to be trademarked, including the use of the N word which was shown in the article I linked. This name didn't suddenly offend the delicate sensibilities of the patent office. They got orders from his Highness to strip the property rights of a US company.

The only thing your an expert in is the fallacy of an appeal to emotion in your argumentation.
    Last edited by Migillicutty; 06-26-2014 at 08:16 PM.

I for one find the name Washington redskins repulsive,,its degrading to all american Indians. They should just them " the redskins"
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Brave = Native American Warrior, some find it offence but not as bad as Redskin though yea it should be changed.
    Blackhawk = A Tribe
    Indians = This does frustrate some Native Americans because they thought at first they were from Indian but it is not inherently raciest.

Redskin on the other hand is purely a raciest term. Again name me one use of the term outside of the Washington Redskins where it is used not as a raciest slur? I am not a Obama fan at all but the article accused him then provided no proof or even a single argument as to how he was involved. This is a hack article. PS the 2004 pole was not well respected and had a ton of issues with it. The argument that they should have stopped it in 1932 is a joke too. Really, 1932 when in most places non-whites couldn't even vote due to local Jim Crow laws. PS if you ask me how I am such as expert, my wife is a Cherokee Indian and if you were to use that word in front of her or my kids ...... well you get the point.
    I agree- it is offensive and a slur- that ain't the point though. The blatantly offensive and repugnant element is the manner in which the Prevaricator in Chief continues to weaponize the various parts of the Gooberment to suit his personal agenda.

Disappearing emails regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

Disappearing emails regards

Bubba
    My last post to this thread vanished. Is that what you mean ? Did yours also vanish ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

The thing that I'm offended by is the government trying to force the ownership to change the name they have had for a very long time.
    HRCH UH Night Owl's Black Diamond MH "Homer"(500 Point Club)
    HRCH Iza-Gotsa-Lotsa-Go-Go MH "Streak"

I am so sick of political correctness taking some much time and energy. Our troops continue to die in Afghanistan, the IRS is out of control, the President is out of control, the MidEast is burning again... and the best we have is talking about the name of a football team! REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I am so sick of political correctness taking some much time and energy. Our troops continue to die in Afghanistan, the IRS is out of control, the President is out of control, the MidEast is burning again... and the best we have is talking about the name of a football team! REALLY?
    Once again, the point is lost, it's not about a football team, it's about private citizens personal property being taken by a rogue government. That scares me as much as the other things you mentioned.
    HRCH UH Night Owl's Black Diamond MH "Homer"(500 Point Club)
    HRCH Iza-Gotsa-Lotsa-Go-Go MH "Streak"

JT...I get your point and do not disagree...but when we are up to our 'rears' in Obama Alligators, it is hard to remember that our initial goal was to drain the swamp...and that is some real Swampy Logic....

I think it is really funny how DC can claim that the word is offensive, but go on any tribal lands and you will see them wearing, Braves, Chiefs, Noles, the list gones on, oh yeah and REDSKINS hats and shirts! Since when has the gobberment gave a crap about the Indians?
    Brandon Edmondson