The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: who else post videos like Freddy King on Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartona500 View Post
    Not a personal friend of Ace's, but I know of his operation. First, that's not his last name.
    Whew....right over the head. Shout it out Loud He's back in the New York Groove
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Here's some history on Freddy King.

He has an RTF account. A few years ago, back when I was still doing a bit of contest calling, Freddy was doing a good bit of video for Echo calls. Freddy participated here frequently for while back then. We spoke a few times and talked dogs, shotguns and duckcalls....the "important stuff".

I recently tracked Freddy down, once I learned that a YouTube channel allowed you to send a message. I asked Freddy if something ran him off of RTF and how he was doing - I'm talking like 3 weeks ago! Last week I got to talk to Freddy, for the first time, on the phone in a long time. We had a great chat, and like a dummy, I jinxed him. I told him that his name has been brought up recently, on RTF, in a positive light. .... .... then this.

Guys and gals, posting on RTF is not completely like sitting at the tailgate of a trial, or having a private phone chat. Lots and lots of folks can read what you write and will form opinions and images of who you are, and how you treat or speak about others.

Knocking other folks' methods: There's something I posted last Summer that I went back and found...I think it applies here.

I think Freddy King deserves more credit than some of you are giving. If you don't want to be part of his Facebook thing, just click it away or whatever you Facebook kids do. You don't need to slam the guy on RTF.

Freddy may not read RTF everyday, but my hunch is that he knows this thread is here by now. Think about how you'd like it if someone wrote on here that you "couldn't train a dog to wag its tail"...etc.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Evidently, I seem to be in need of some sensitivity training. However before doing so, I have a question.

Reviewing the o.p.'s RTF statistics, it seems c.j. has Evan's program.....including videos. Therefore, my question is what precipitated the need to have training videos similar to those of "Freddy's"?

Then again, maybe the "Freddy" video I happened to find on the Internet was not truly representative of this fine "alternative" approach.

This all kind of reminds me of the time I got out of my mud rig in the backwaters of the Mississippi River, struggled forward about ten yards in deep mud and was soon too stuck to move. Suddenly, both definitions of quagmire came to mind. It was a learning moment.
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH (June, 2007 - May, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    Evidently, I seem to be in need of some sensitivity training. However before doing so, I have a question.

Reviewing the o.p.'s RTF statistics, it seems c.j. has Evan's program.....including videos. Therefore, my question is what precipitated the need to have training videos similar to those of "Freddy's"?

Then again, maybe the "Freddy" video I happened to find on the Internet was not truly representative of this fine "alternative" approach.

This all kind of reminds me of the time I got out of my mud rig in the backwaters of the Mississippi River, struggled forward about ten yards in deep mud and was soon too stuck to move. Suddenly, both definitions of quagmire came to mind. It was a learning moment.
    Honestly Jim,

I had totally forgotten that you posted in this thread when I wrote the above. Now that you remind me, I do recall finding that your post seemed to indicate finding true humor in a video that appeared to be designed to be humorous.

I was not addressing you or your words when I wrote the above.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

He has an RTF account. A few years ago, back when I was still doing a bit of contest calling, Freddy was doing a good bit of video for Echo calls. Freddy participated here frequently for while back then. We spoke a few times and talked dogs, shotguns and duckcalls....the "important stuff".

I recently tracked Freddy down, once I learned that a YouTube channel allowed you to send a message. I asked Freddy if something ran him off of RTF and how he was doing - I'm talking like 3 weeks ago! Last week I got to talk to Freddy, for the first time, on the phone in a long time. We had a great chat, and like a dummy, I jinxed him. I told him that his name has been brought up recently, on RTF, in a positive light. .... .... then this.

Guys and gals, posting on RTF is not completely like sitting at the tailgate of a trial, or having a private phone chat. Lots and lots of folks can read what you write and will form opinions and images of who you are, and how you treat or speak about others.

Knocking other folks' methods: There's something I posted last Summer that I went back and found...I think it applies here.

I think Freddy King deserves more credit than some of you are giving. If you don't want to be part of his Facebook thing, just click it away or whatever you Facebook kids do. You don't need to slam the guy on RTF.

Freddy may not read RTF everyday, but my hunch is that he knows this thread is here by now. Think about how you'd like it if someone wrote on here that you "couldn't train a dog to wag its tail"...etc.

Chris
    Amen, Chris.
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."

He's an awesome video man for Echo. Loves to catch crappie with his better half, Miss Peanut. Can flat drive a boat and mud motor in the timber of Arkansas. Likes to train dogs too. Seems like a good dude to me.

Chris
    That's sad. It use to be a tailgate (in fact you have said that to me many times) and most had thick enough skin to deal with it. Now we cannot state an opinion even when asked. Once again exhibiting why so many original RTF'ers no longer bother to participate. Boy we had fun back in the day with Angie, Gut, swishy, and soooo many others that no longer spend time here (granted there are there are many reasons so many are gone). Great advice, much fun, useless information, and little butt hurt.
    As far as how would I feel if someone wrote that I couldn't train a dog to wag its tail with a hot dog in my hand, no skin off my back. I am sure many have said worse about me. I am a big boy and don't expect a trophy for participating or for everyone to agree with me. I am not the end all expert and my advice is worth what you pay for it.
    I put a disclaimer in my signature just for you many years ago. My opinions are just that. For the past couple years I have reframed from posting any/much training advice because of all the sensitivity overload and have recently become more active again, but for Christ sake if I have to censor myself so I don't offend anyone it is just not worth it.
    Chris you have my number, if Freddy has a problem with my comments please feel free to give my number to him. You don't seem to indicate that he has a problem with my post, but rather that you do. Save yourself some stress and stop worrying about other people's perception. If he contacts you and says "hey who is that BBG guy and what the hell" then let me know. From what I saw of his videos the are worth what you pay for them, but mine would be too if I happened to put them on you tube. The OP asked for advice on the videos and is apparently new to the game. I would give anyone the same advice I gave above, stick with what works.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Corey,

Please be realistic. I have been asking folks, yourself included, for years to go ahead and attack the idea, but do not attack the individual.

If you truly want to indicate to a newbie that you think the quality is poor, you can do that without calling him an "idiot" or stating that he "could not train a dog to wag its tail."

This is nothing new.

I don't enjoy wasting my time on stuff like this.

Please use the resource right. I'm asking you to please help me.

Thanks, Chris

Honestly Jim,

I had totally forgotten that you posted in this thread when I wrote the above. Now that you remind me, I do recall finding that your post seemed to indicate finding true humor in a video that appeared to be designed to be humorous.

I was not addressing you or your words when I wrote the above.
    Thanks Chris for reminding us. I do find his You Tube interesting. He is in love with his ducks, dogs etc. Talks to them more like they are human. I subscribe to him.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post

I think a person can learn about dog training from more than one source. I have watched a few of Freddy King's youtube videos, and I think they have some value, especially for a new person: No retriever training program covers everything.

In this video, for example, King emphasizes teaching the dog to make eye contact and not sniff the ground when walking at heel:

Renee P