The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: who else post videos like Freddy King on Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Corey,

Please be realistic. I have been asking folks, yourself included, for years to go ahead and attack the idea, but do not attack the individual.

If you truly want to indicate to a newbie that you think the quality is poor, you can do that without calling him an "idiot" or stating that he "could not train a dog to wag its tail."

This is nothing new.

I don't enjoy wasting my time on stuff like this.

Please use the resource right. I'm asking you to please help me.

Thanks, Chris
    So I can say his videos are idiotic, but not call him an idiot? I can handle that. I have never met the man so I don't know that he is an idiot.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Just to add a bit of levity....

Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

I must say, I'm pretty shocked by what I've been reading in this thread. I've not been a member of RTF for a long while, but long enough to know of the high standards... yet I never expected this kind of criticism of a guy who's truly passionate about dog training and is TRYING TO PROMOTE THE SPORT AND ACTIVITY OF DOG TRAINING. You may not like his facebook page, or his enthusiasm, or his methods, but he does a hell of a job reaching out and relating to the younger generations... the newer dog trainers. It seems to me like we could use more people interested in dogs and dog training. If you don't have a crop of younger, newer owners/trainers, the sport will die. I follow the smartwork program but I've still watched every one of the videos in Freddy's "self training the retriever" series. Just because someone is following a program doesn't mean they can't look for or use other ideas, other setups, or other approaches. And also, not everyone can afford to pay the kind of money guys charge for their training DVD collections. Freddy King's videos may not be up to your standards, but at least he's putting something helpful out there. Seems like there's something I've read on RTF a time or two... oh yea... "follow a program, any program," or "following any program is better than no program." Well to me, following Freddy King's "program", as idiotic as one might believe it is, should be much better than following no program at all.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Brown View Post
    I must say, I'm pretty shocked by what I've been reading in this thread. I've not been a member of RTF for a long while, but long enough to know of the high standards... yet I never expected this kind of criticism of a guy who's truly passionate about dog training and is TRYING TO PROMOTE THE SPORT AND ACTIVITY OF DOG TRAINING. You may not like his facebook page, or his enthusiasm, or his methods, but he does a hell of a job reaching out and relating to the younger generations... the newer dog trainers. It seems to me like we could use more people interested in dogs and dog training. If you don't have a crop of younger, newer owners/trainers, the sport will die. I follow the smartwork program but I've still watched every one of the videos in Freddy's "self training the retriever" series. Just because someone is following a program doesn't mean they can't look for or use other ideas, other setups, or other approaches. And also, not everyone can afford to pay the kind of money guys charge for their training DVD collections. Freddy King's videos may not be up to your standards, but at least he's putting something helpful out there. Seems like there's something I've read on RTF a time or two... oh yea... "follow a program, any program," or "following any program is better than no program." Well to me, following Freddy King's "program", as idiotic as one might believe it is, should be much better than following no program at all.

I think you have some brown left on your nose.......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Wow.

Do we all need permission before we can accept something "different" as being valuable?

Feel free to think for yourselves.

I like this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    .....go ahead and attack the idea, but do not attack the individual.....
    It's sound advice.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

And I'll start by attacking a couple of ideas that he preaches.

(1.) I think that place training is redundant and ridiculous.

(2.) I think that if a dog understands being forced to fetch a bumper, there is nothing to be gained from forcing it to fetch logs, hammers, 2x4's or any other "odd" items.

In fact, I think that many new trainers are convinced that their dog is done with FF, when it has really just become familiarized with silliness.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 06-19-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

I have said this before.

If you honestly feel the need to degrade, or call somebody names, or laugh at their dress code, duck calling, underwear, or anything else that trips yer switch.

Please make Gooser your default!!

Everyone here knows I enjoy attention!

gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I have posted my training videos, and i have never been called an idiot even though I am self professed!

look at my Avatar!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    That's very mature.

I don't know Freddy King. I have no reason to suck up to Freddy King. Yet because I think it's absurd to slander someone, on a DOG TRAINING FORUM, who is doing more to promote hunting dogs and dog training than many many others, I'm a brown-noser??? That's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Damn man...You been at this site for a long time. Does that mean you are set in your own ways and the hell with everything else? Just saying...