The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: who else post videos like Freddy King on Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    Force fetch isn't for fetching whats. You can teach a dog to fetch whats.
    You can always teach a dog to fetch what it doesn't want to.

No "force" needed.

Force fetch is for fetching whens. You can't teach a dog to fetch when it doesn't want to. WHEN a dog doesn't want to fetch, you have no option to teach.

Force IS needed.
    Nice. I like that. I would say there is more to it than just when, but most could fit under that umbrella if you wanted.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    My thoughts also, google Ace Freely......
    OMG! The love it Loud Tour, back in '78 or 79??? when they were ar the "Old" Forum in Montreal!!!!
    What a show! I still can not recall how I got back accross the border.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    No it doesn't. See the post directly above yours (#45). There are many ways to skin a cat, but not so many good ways to train a dog. Watching what I did, I don't see this as a good one. It is not a bad one necessarily, but it seems more to me like Joe Blow training a dog with little method and nothing new. I may be wrong but these seem more of various "topics" rather than a program. A new trainer watching bits and pieces rather than a full method and philosophy could easily end up with a dog that is worse off for it.
    Again...I understand what you are saying and that is left to the dog trainer to be. All we can do is show why and it is up to the newbie to make a choice on our past experiences...and if things go wrong, we are here to say not "I told you so", but to hopefully help them through their dilemma and get them on the right track on whatever journey they have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    ....Guys and gals, posting on RTF is not completely like sitting at the tailgate of a trial, or having a private phone chat. Lots and lots of folks can read what you write and will form opinions and images of who you are, and how you treat or speak about others......

Chris
    sad to see this typed ElJanitoro.
    I do not agree. It is exactly like a tailgate.
    As it was in the begining, is now, and ever shall be.
    Issue is, never type anything you would not say face to face.
    Just like a real tailgate. BUT, I do not think Corey typed anything he would not say face to face.
    When you are the size and shape of folks like he and I and Bubba, for example. It is just how you roll.
    Problem is when folks are afeared to stand up about what they type. If ya type it have the balls to stand behind it.
    one of the worlds biggest problems in todays internet society, is lack of balls.
    Just like Justin Timberlake started a movement bringing sexy back, I feel we need an RTF movement.
    I'm bringing balls back!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I don't know if this will help but thought the following might add to the conversation. The sire of my first lab was FC AFC Misty Morning Woody. The titles ment nothing to me as I was unfamiliar with field trials. Woody was owned by Jennifer Wilson. As I started getting interested in hunt tests I spoke with her often about training. She had been married to a pro and had used many pros to train her different dogs...including Mike Lady with Woody. I found this confusing as it seemed she was using different paradigms for training dogs that were likely in conflict. In my mind one needed to attach ones self to a particular school of thought and become expert in it.

When I asked Jennifer why she used so many different trainers/schools of thought she said "I use what works. If it helps me or my dog to be better I use it". At the time I found her answer unsatisfactory. Now some 17 years later I realize she was right. I have used many different things gathered over the years from those more experienced to help me resolve my current concern. Over the years I have added my own twists to what and how I train...be it how I stand next to my dog, my tone of voice, how I identify different marks, the use of my hand when sending, when to give corrections...and not to, etc. I am constantly adjusting and adapting as the game changes and standards become higher.

I laughed at the dog work filmed in the original National Am. They were using the tools and knowledge they had at the time to best advantage. With the improvement of those tools and understanding of how to use them the way we train and the outcomes have changed. The derbies I ran four years ago are remarkable different than those today.

So, use what works for you and ignore the rest. To each his own.

Bill
    Sarita McKnight
    MOONSTONE LABRADORS llc
    Bigfork MT 59911
    www.moonstonelabs.com
    AFC BAMS Liberty Belle MH
    FC-AFC-CNAFC-CFC-CAFC MOONSTONES Hug and Moochie
    FC-AFC MOONSTONES Sea Biscuit Run
    AFC MOONSTONES Ham-Maid Marian
    (406) 249-4140 or (406) 257-7311
    Avatar is AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH ~ 31 MAR 1995-7 OCT 2010
    Photo taken on her 15th birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ....It is exactly like a tailgate.....
    It is not.

The people that gather at your tailgate, you know. Not by their names, but by who they are.

The people that own names on the RTF, you do not know.
    But, you do know their names.

They are very different people than you think that they are.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

Gun dog owners have alot lower exspectations, than the average HT/FT guy.. My feeling is if a person has the balls to put up there own vidoes on a PUBLIC site, ( FB-Youtube-RTF) then they better have the gonads TO STAND UP TO--------- COMMENTS AS WELL.. Because we all know they are putting themselves in the firing line to better themselves or the client dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    sad to see this typed ElJanitoro.
    I do not agree. It is exactly like a tailgate.
    As it was in the begining, is now, and ever shall be.
    Issue is, never type anything you would not say face to face.
    Just like a real tailgate. BUT, I do not think Corey typed anything he would not say face to face.
    When you are the size and shape of folks like he and I and Bubba, for example. It is just how you roll.
    Problem is when folks are afeared to stand up about what they type. If ya type it have the balls to stand behind it.
    one of the worlds biggest problems in todays internet society, is lack of balls.
    Just like Justin Timberlake started a movement bringing sexy back, I feel we need an RTF movement.
    I'm bringing balls back!

Ken Bora Classic
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    It is not.

The people that gather at your tailgate, you know. Not by their names, but by who they are.

The people that own names on the RTF, you do not know.
    But, you do know their names.

They are very different people than you think that they are.
    No,
    Next weekend I am at a NAHRA test. I will "Know" everybodys name 'cause I am the test sec. and took in and typed every entry in the catogog. But with entrys from New Orleans to the south to Quebec City to the north. I will not "Know" Everybody. But the tailgate, just like here I would not say what I would not type. Does that mean that some person or event would would not let me cry out "What a goof Ball!"? No chance, but hey. If you want to be actual factual, I do not even know your name copter. I am Ken Bora here on RTF but in real life I am known as Ken Bora. My Mom calls me Kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Caswell View Post
    Gun dog owners have alot lower exspectations, than the average HT/FT guy.. My feeling is if a person has the balls to put up there own vidoes on a PUBLIC site, ( FB-Youtube-RTF) then they better have the gonads TO STAND UP TO--------- COMMENTS AS WELL.. Because we all know they are putting themselves in the firing line to better themselves or the client dogs
    Kudos man. We all think differently and want the best in our world to develop memories in our finite life and our future generations.