The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: who else post videos like Freddy King on Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ...in real life I am known as Ken Bora. My Mom calls me Kenneth.
    I still don't know YOU.

No matter how many times or ways you type it.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

Freddy is one hell of a great guy and just as good of dog trainer!!

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    I still don't know YOU.

He is Ken Bora, I can vouch for him
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    I still don't know YOU.

man I am pullin' hens teeth here.
    so, you agree with me?
    here, just like the tailgate.
    I can not see through you,
    see to the real you.
    I'm on the outside.
    I'm looking in.
    'cause inside your ugly, ugly like me.
    I can see through you, see to the real you.......

edit for copter, click - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3Za3jfvJg
    Last edited by Ken Bora; 06-19-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

so, you agree with me?
    see to the real you.
    I'm on the outside.
    I'm looking in.
    An internet forum is what it is.

A venue to express knowledge and ideas.

It is not a venue to know people through.
    So, the names are irrelevant; unless you wish to suppress ideas and information.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 06-19-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Considering the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity". -Unknown

Freddy King, hahahahahaha. Lots of entertainment value, now much else however.

sad to see this typed ElJanitoro.
    I do not agree. It is exactly like a tailgate.
    As it was in the begining, is now, and ever shall be.
    Issue is, never type anything you would not say face to face.
    Just like a real tailgate. BUT, I do not think Corey typed anything he would not say face to face.
    When you are the size and shape of folks like he and I and Bubba, for example. It is just how you roll.
    Problem is when folks are afeared to stand up about what they type. If ya type it have the balls to stand behind it.
    one of the worlds biggest problems in todays internet society, is lack of balls.
    Just like Justin Timberlake started a movement bringing sexy back, I feel we need an RTF movement.
    I'm bringing balls back!
    322 people have read this thread. Typically there are double the logged in count on RTF.

If Corey has the nerve to tell 600 people to their face that Freddy King is an idiot that can't train a dog to wag its tail, including Freddy King, then you're right.

I know Corey in person. I don't think Corey is that much of a jerk in real life. He is more tactful than that.

Hence my my point that it is not COMPLETELY like a tail gate.

On RTF one is broadcasting to a much larger audience than he may realize.

My suggestion is that we address folks in a way that we would want to be addressed ourselves.

I had had a nice discussion with Freddy last night. He was getting up at 4:30 this morning to train dogs. He has trained several grand dogs and Master Hunters. I don't know if he owns a white coat or not.

Chris

EDIT: And I hope that those of you who have been on RTF for many years will agree that I've been seeking a "Golden Rule" culture here consistently. Treat others, reference others, the way you'd like to be treated or referenced. This is nothing new.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Wow... Idiots abound..... Pretty sure Freddy King ain't one of them and I don't know him from Adam...

In fact.. I'm pretty sure I could train a duck dog with his YouTube channel (in fact I would dare say it's more complete than $150 worth of most programs) ...... sad part is most people buying a "program" aren't dog trainers... There just lay people.. and no "program" will change that... I see no need to be so critical.

Freddy on the other hand.. is clearly a dog trainer... Whether he teaches a dog to fetch a hammer or not... (even if folks seem to misinterpret the purpose of such)

A friend and trainer that won the National Championship at Ames plantation told me once... You CAN learn something from every dog trainer with any real experience.. IF you are willing to WATCH and LISTEN.

Good luck with it... I can take another sabbatical from RTF now

Not sad to leave regards,
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

so, you agree with me?
    see to the real you.
    I'm on the outside.
    I'm looking in.

edit for copter, click - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc3Za3jfvJg
    Yes, but "Can you see the real me..........."

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by waycool View Post
    In fact.. I'm pretty sure I could train a duck dog with his YouTube channel (in fact I would dare say it's more complete than $150 worth of most programs)
    It isn't. In fact it isn't close to the better ones. But that doesn't mean it lacks a degree of value. It's obvious that you are passionately opposed to the slandering of a good guy. I'm not interested in discussing Freddy. He and I have had private conversations, and I've found him to be a good guy, who loves to train...his own way. I can't imagine why anyone would argue with his doing that, even if it contrasts with how they would choose to do it. He's offered his ideas freely. He certainly hasn't imposed them on anyone.

But, I think the at least part of what has bothered you about this thread is something you have done in this post. You've made some very broad accusations in your efforts to put those you perceive as "idiots" in their places. If, indeed, you chose to use Freddie's videos to train your dog, that would surely be your choice. I suspect you could get it done. But that says nothing about the standards you hope to achieve. Beyond that, your blanket indictment of "most programs" has no basis in fact.
    ...... sad part is most people buying a "program" aren't dog trainers... There just lay people.. and no "program" will change that...
    At one point we were all 'just lay people'. The greats, the legends, were all at some time just lay people...beginners. For a long time there were no programs...book or video sets. But that doesn't mean they have no merit. It means they simply didn't exist yet for the masses. There are several good programs available, and they most certainly do change the ability of lay people to understand dogs, and learn to effectively train them. Whether the information comes in the form of a book, a DVD, or a You Tube video, a newer trainer may indeed learn a great deal.
    I see no need to be so critical.
    Neither do I. But that isn't the same as being choosy. If you have access to someone who qualifies as a solid mentor, that's one of the better ways to learn. Read the better books. Watch the better videos. Or, God forbid, do all those things. Learn. Practice. Grow. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Live dangerously; get a little knowledge." Use your knowledge and your intuition. Be a little slower to condemn, and a bit more eager to learn.

I appreciate your good intentions.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile