The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extended shotgun chokes for hunting? Would you purchase them and if so what brand?

Kicks High Flyer in IC and Mod. Use the mod the most.

Here is a link to their site

http://www.surecycle.com/index.php/t...oke-tubes.html

I've been to Ed's quite a bit. Great prices and good people there.

I shoot the .700 constriction tube for everything from dove to ducks and geese. It's a bit tight, actually I think it is equal to an Improved Modified which is between Full and Modified. I also shoot the .675 tube for turkey. They both produce even round patterns without any holes in the pattern. The good thing is that I have used Kent Steel, Hevi Shot, Hevi Steel and regular lead shot in various sizes and all of the patterns are very consistent.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Jim, thanks for the information and I'll look into the terror chokes. Thanks, David

Any time David
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Patternmaster forever and always

I'm like this guy^^^^ except not in a creepy high school freshman-Senior crush kinda way. PatternMaster is the way to go.
    Life's hard. It's even harder if you're stupid. -John Wayne

Some of the most lethal duck killers I know shoot skeet chokes and large shot size. I think most of those tight chokes are a waste of time unless you're an absolute dead eye shot or you like to sky bust ducks.

Check out Rob Roberts Choke Tubes. I use his triple threat series exclusively and they flat out kill birds. I use the T1 when were in tight timber holes, T2 for more open settings and sporting clays and the T3 tube when we are in the snow goose fields to reach out that smash the birds that just won't comment. I have personally folded snow geese dead with the T3 at 70+ yards. Rob also does a lot of great gun work like reworking the forcing cone in the barrel to lighten recoil and decrease pellet deformation which brings in the stray pellets you will see on paper. He will squeeze every ounce of killing performance out of your shotgun that you can squeeze. www.robrobertscustomgunworks.com

I have a set of Indian creek choke tubes on an OU that I use for turkey hunting and they mean business... They have a choke designed for ducks but I don't have any experience with them. If they are anything like their turkey chokes, they will kill ducks.

Another vote for Briley. I have chokes and tube sets on different guns and have been very pleased with them.