The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott Travel to Mexico

JS I agree w/your post #20 regarding NAFTA and USA workers. The illegals however send 50% + of their US wages back to Mexico or ? to support their families there so the payback (taxes/recirculation of monies in local economies) is limited..Western Union huge business. 2005 Chevy Silverado 95% USA parts/labor - 5% Canada...2012 Chevy Silverado 65% USA -35% Mexico -no Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    How did this "Mexico" thread get turned toward the middle-east?

But, let me get this straight. We want to boycott Mexico because there are too many immigrants here ... legal or otherwise ... who take our jobs by working cheap, put a drain on our economy, etc., etc. But, when a corporation moves, or builds a factory in Mexico, employs the cheap labor THERE, and then brings the stuff back here to sell it to us, that is "a good business decision" ... an example of the free-enterprise, American way.

Why there is not outrage over the work that has left this country over the past 50 years, is beyond me. It is at the root of so many of our problems. Unemployment, decimated tax base (which raises the tax obligation on the rest of us, poverty & crime). Yet the focus is always on the "illegals" here. Like 'em or not, at least the cheap wages they are paid here are spent here and go back into our economy.

JS

So who is gonna be the first to blame it on "the greedy, American workers"?

That would make a great thread - why don't you start & monitor it?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    That would make a great thread - why don't you start & monitor it?
    I, and many others, "started that thread" over 40 years ago. Nobody listened. All they wanted was cheaper stuff.

Irony is that those who cared the least were the youngsters. They needed those hip Nike sneakers or that cool Toyota. Today those folks are 55 years old and paying the price.

There's no point in trying to promote this. The first thing you hear is how "this is a free country and I'll buy what I want". That, and, "it's _____'s fault".

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Right on JS post #23 ! I have been involved in rigorous marketing studies dealing w/foreign products and the young(under 50)/female have little or no understanding of the financial underpinnings of this country . They are economic illiterates who do not want to understand the economic war ongoing. Now that a whole bunch have worthless college degrees w/huge debts they whine but accept NO responsibility for their buying choices. Mexico has become a place where US companies go and Japanese and Chinese have factories that qualify under NAFTA as Mexican made. You go to any coastal US city where cheap imports (cars) can be offloaded and find the state model registrations, no wonder Japan controls its after-market part inventories so harshly. JS you got this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    O'Reilly also called for a boycott of France because they didn't think invading Iraq was a good idea and that they didn't think Iraq had an active WMD program.

Only fools follow the bigger fool!

The immigration problem of illegals crossing the boarder has been going on for decades. Obama has deported more illegals than any President before him! In the past, we have had a policy of Amnesty and since the 80's de-facto Amnesty.

Both the Dems and the Repubs have failed to enact Laws that would stem the tide.
    Who is O'Reilly?

If you do go to Mexico, DON'T drink the water!!!

Just sayin'.............
    Stan b & Elvis

That is why gringos drink Corona beer.

[QUOTE=JS;1231491]How did this "Mexico" thread get turned toward the middle-east?

Why there is not outrage over the work that has left this country over the past 50 years, is beyond me. It is at the root of so many of our problems. Unemployment, decimated tax base (which raises the tax obligation on the rest of us, poverty & crime). Yet the focus is always on the "illegals" here. Like 'em or not, at least the cheap wages they are paid here are spent here and go back into our economy.

JS
    So who is gonna be the first to blame it on "the greedy, American workers"?

I will take that one on.....I recall back in the early 1970's the American Auto Industry owned the world markets. The American TV industry ruled the world markets....it was not price that beat us....it was making POOR QUALITY! Big Labor owned this failure, lock, stock, and barrel. Many American consumers stopped buying American products, not because Japanese products were cheaper. The American products would fail due to poor quality.....

It was only later, when American manufacture went outside of the US for products that were higher quality and cheaper...this happened because the Unions would not allow the US Manufactures reduce costs or do what was necessary to improve quality...they should have broke the dang unions to save the companies...but alas...they did not!

By the way, Mexico has very little of the manufacturing that they used to have China, Singapore, have stolen most of it!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-23-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Swampy your defense of US buyers having poor American products to buy is market bull . They chose to buy VWs instead of Ramblers (35+ miles per gallon) and the list goes on . They chose to buy cheap because they could have more cheap stuff and think they had the winning T-shirt - "The guy who dies with the most stuff wins" They thought more was better and thus middle class! That is why we have huge landfills w/cheap junk that can not be fixed. Thankfully at most FIELD TRIALS most drive US trucks. NAFTA was the last nail in the coffin- Ross was right!

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Swampy your defense of US buyers having poor American products to buy is market bull . They chose to buy VWs instead of Ramblers (35+ miles per gallon) and the list goes on . They chose to buy cheap because they could have more cheap stuff and think they had the winning T-shirt - "The guy who dies with the most stuff wins" They thought more was better and thus middle class! That is why we have huge landfills w/cheap junk that can not be fixed. Thankfully at most FIELD TRIALS most drive US trucks. NAFTA was the last nail in the coffin- Ross was right!
    Which is a "US truck?"

F-150 regards.............
    Stan b & Elvis