RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New MH title at 13 months. Congrats Mjh345!

22K views 68 replies 61 participants last post by  SPEED 
#1 · (Edited)
Healmarks Beautiful Black Betty (4/26/13) earned her Master Hunter title today in Valley Nebraska! I think that makes this 13mo pup the youngest to earn her MH title and qualify for Master Nationals.

she is really a special pup with a tear jerker story that would make a Disney movie

congrats to Marc Healey and Betty. He is the breeder, owner and amature trainer of this special gal

#2 ·
Way to go Marc!! What a fantastic accomplishment. These are special pups. That breeding has sure turned out some really fine animals and you have done a great job with them! You've thought for a while you had a special one in Betty. She is sure proving you right.

You're pretty close to titles with more that are the same age as well. Amazing.

#5 ·
Very cool!!!

#6 ·
WOW...what an accomplishment! Congratulations Marc and Betty!

#20 ·
13 mo.

Forget the derby. Start looking at Qaa events you can run before you lose momentum. If she can run MH then she can do quals, if she can run/pull the distance. Push yourself and the dog and you might have a very NICE dog.

Nice Job, and enjoy the Dog!

RG

#25 ·
"might"

I think by setting the record for MH title at 13 months he has already shown he has a very nice dog. As for distance this pup has no problem. I've personally watched her smash heavily factored marks over 350 yard(distance determined with range finder) and run 400 yd blinds.

Another smartworks dog!! Congrats! Now on to volume 2.
Hahahaa

thanks a lot. I just spit my coffee all over my IPad.

#36 ·
I have to know, did you start with the puppy program or go right into smart fetch? I have not laughed this hard in a while! Congratulations on a real accomplishment and good things to come.

#22 ·
LOL!!!! Kim..... Congrats Marc

#23 ·
Congrats are truly in order. The world is full idiots with incredible success stories. A trainer who is on the same page with their dog just takes what the dog gives them and doesn't force anything more. If they're ready at 13 or 30 months, just gotta know your dog.

Congrats

#24 ·
Well, now everyone knows ... that dawg is smarter than the trainer!!! :D :D :D

Good on ya', Marc! Keep on keeping' on.

JS

#26 ·
Wow Marc,

I'm happy for you and sincerely congratulate you on a very impressive accomplishment.

One takeaway for me his this: I remember when Bill Petrovish got hammered upon pretty heavily for the way he was going to ruin little Ammo. I think we all can agree that Bill's approach did not mess that dog up very much. And if it did mess her up, then we probably many would love to mess our dogs up in that manner.

Here comes MJH with another example of this phenomenon - a trainer/handler who assesses what the dog is capable of, what the dog is ready to do, and adjusts the exposure to fit the setting.

There is no one size fits all in anything.... Marc just did something cool. My hunch is we may see further accomplishments out of this team.

Sincere congratulations. Chris

#27 ·
That pretty much sums it up Chris....Nice job Marc! Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.