The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCarthy (R) House Leader to end EX-IM Bank

Default McCarthy (R) House Leader to end EX-IM Bank

Kevin McCarthy (R) new House Majority leader is on record and has restated his desire to end the 1934 US gov't run Export-Import Bank that backed 37.5 Billion # in sales by foreigners (2013) from #1 Boeing , #2 Caterpillar , #3 General Electric...pittance for the rest. Calls it crony capitalism and that private banking should do the job. Chamber of Commerce, Manufacturers Assoc. and others are against change. Thoughts? Interesting for a "safe" Republican.

It is a BIG step in the right direction.

The Private Sector is the only way to go in such matters. That is unless the populace likes bailing out Foreign companies and banks. If the US Chamber of Commerce is against it, then you know it is good policy! Private banks are available for those businesses with trustworthy credit.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

He must represent private bankers... of all the things needed in this country this I've never thought to be an issue... maybe because I never even heard of the Gov. agency..

It does make sense in a way to have this Bank... but maybe it is just another layer of Gov not needed.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I agree with the CATO Inst. that Ex - IM weakens American Capitalism.

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/...can-capitalism
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

That is why Franco one must always follow the money trail to understand the politics. It appears that McCarthy made his bread by having sandwich shops/delis w/out government money but sweat and blood. That is why I wish him luck for all us and the hell w/the Chamber of Commerce bottom feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    That is why Franco one must always follow the money trail to understand the politics. It appears that McCarthy made his bread by having sandwich shops/delis w/out government money but sweat and blood. That is why I wish him luck for all us and the hell w/the Chamber of Commerce bottom feeders.
    That is why I like 2x N Mexico Gov Gary Johnson. He worked his was through college with his own Handyman business. Then, after college he built it to over 1,000 employees before he sold the business so that he could spend all of his time growing the Libertarian Party. Probably why he has vetoed more spending Bills from his state's Legislature than any Governor in history. And, why it would be hard for me to trust a guy like Mitt Romney whose Bain Capital had an army of Lobbyist working for them to change Tax Laws in their favor!

There is a government/business connection that would be a mistake to break. It would be like 2 hands working separately. I do hate how business has bought and destroyed democracy, but no other country has a problem advancing the industries in their own countries. We are hamstringing ourselves if we try to separate business as we have the church from government.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Update: WSJ, 24 June , 2014 , Front page story "Officials At Ex-Im Bank Face Probes." Apparently 4 bank officials have been removed for contract-kickback cash payments from US firms to finance foreign sales. One Johnny Gutierrez helped a Florida based company Impex run by Gerardo Diaz for cash to sell US construction equipment in South America. Story continues that Ex-Im Chairman Fred Hochberg has spent considerable time/effort/money to get US companies to support this government agency under scrutiny/attack. The bank is aggressively lobbying lawmakers to allow the bank to back these loans. - IMO Kevin McCarthy go boy , go.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That is why I like 2x N Mexico Gov Gary Johnson. He worked his was through college with his own Handyman business. Then, after college he built it to over 1,000 employees before he sold the business so that he could spend all of his time growing the Libertarian Party. Probably why he has vetoed more spending Bills from his state's Legislature than any Governor in history. And, why it would be hard for me to trust a guy like Mitt Romney whose Bain Capital had an army of Lobbyist working for them to change Tax Laws in their favor!
    This Gary Johnson?

Isn't he a huge advocate for legalizing mary jane?????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This Gary Johnson?

Isn't he a huge advocate for legalizing mary jane?????
    So what. Think of the tax revenue that will be brought in by legalizing it. It is an "herb" that occurs naturally in the wild. Has been shown to have medicinal benefits for pain management and glaucoma.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead