I have been lurking and learning for a very long time with very few posts and no formal introduction.
I am currently training my first dog 5yo BLM. I train for hunting primarily but run the occasional HT. I am very active in Badger State HRC.
Now to the original point of the post.
I am looking for input with regards to the design of a 2-3 acre pond for retriever training and tests. Some questions I was asked and looking for input on are listed below:
- Prefer more naturalist or squared off shape?
- More open water or lots of islands and fingers?
- Bank slope? 3:1? 2:1?
- Minimum water width between fingers/islands?
- What types of algae/weed control are typically done? What would make it easier?
- Any simplistic amenities that would be useful?
Here are the images included with the questions.
Looking for opinions and reasons if possible.
Thanks for the assistance.