The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNLV students ask Hillary to return $225,000 speaker fee

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Out of context my friend. She said broke after Bill left the white house, not now.
    Worse. She could not manage her money!!! Too much spent on ugly pantsuits! YUCK!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I missed this same sentiment when Rutgers leftys trashed Condi Rice.
    Ok let me express it now. These public servants deserve respect. Even if you disagreed with what they did, the insights that they can leave for history is important to hear about. Even with politicians that have earnestly disagreed with I believe were doing their very best for their country.

Condoleezza Rice in particular is a very intelligent woman and potentially a valuable leader for her party. She has a unique position in history that her and her actions will be studied for years to come. I do not agree with everything she did, but I do acknowledge that she was operating in a new war environment that we had never seen before.

Ok your turn.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Ok let me express it now. These public servants deserve respect. Even if you disagreed with what they did, the insights that they can leave for history is important to hear about. Even with politicians that have earnestly disagreed with I believe were doing their very best for their country.

Condoleezza Rice in particular is a very intelligent woman and potentially a valuable leader for her party. She has a unique position in history that her and her actions will be studied for years to come. I do not agree with everything she did, but I do acknowledge that she was operating in a new war environment that we had never seen before.

Ok your turn.
    I have a truck load of dog $h! t to sell you. it is very good for the soil and has a pleasant fragrance. I need full price.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

I am no fan of the Clinton's but if someone is dumb enough to pay them for their BS, why shouldn't they take it?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Like many if not most college-age adults, these kids are pretty much idiots. Almost any time I see "college students protest...." I ignore it because I'm likely to become stupider by reading the article. There was a time when colleges valued the open exchange of ideas and taught the value of analytical thought. That is no more.
    What these and most college students fail to grasp is that their alma mater is a business (highly subsidized by government, but a business, nevertheless). They the students are the customers. If they have a problem with decisions the university makes, they should take it up directly with the university. If they can't get satisfaction, they should take their business elsewhere.
    I know that I would be upset if I were paying ridiculously high tuition to find out that my college was spending huge sums of money to bring in speakers that may not have much to contribute. If they are bringing in speakers and paying them with ticket sales, I would feel much better about it. That way those who want to hear it can pay for it. If the speaker can't sell tickets, they don't get the bucks. But that would be letting the free market work and most traditional colleges aren't big fans of the free market.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I have a truck load of dog $h! t to sell you. it is very good for the soil and has a pleasant fragrance. I need full price.
    Pete
    I didn't realize that Bible quotes in your sig line gives you carte blanche to be an @ss. Now I know.
    Thanks for the insight!

I'm trying to decide which of these 2 verses will help me earn the same respect that you have.

Ezekiel 23:19
    Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

or

Deut. 23:1
    No man whose testicles have been crushed or whose organ has been cut off may become a member of the Assembly of God.

Which one would be best?
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

dave, if you are looking for a signature line of your own, i like the first one best!

as to the topic of the thread. the country is evenly divided. half would think paying $225k to hear hillary clinton speak is appropriate. the other half would pay a quarter mil if she would just shut up!
    john mccallie

Rich people have no concept of broke. Hillary thinks she's broke when she can't pay for her mansions, I'm broke when I can't afford to go to the store to buy a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread.
    HRCH UH Night Owl's Black Diamond MH "Homer"(500 Point Club)
    HRCH Iza-Gotsa-Lotsa-Go-Go MH "Streak"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    dave, if you are looking for a signature line of your own, i like the first one best!

as to the topic of the thread. the country is evenly divided. half would think paying $225k to hear hillary clinton speak is appropriate. the other half would pay a quarter mil if she would just shut up!
    I wouldn't pay a penny to hear her speak, but I certainly don't begrudge her for making money if people are willing to pay her.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pete
    I grew up learning to have respect for the offices if not the people filling them. If you are learning from Condi's mistakes your still learning. I would be happy to go listen to any of them talk. I believe anyone interested in what happened in that time ought to be happy to also. It is pretty easy to demonize people especially if they disagree with you, but for the most part |I believe that most people running for office want to make things better. They may be completely incapable of that, but I pretty liberally give them the benefit of the doubt for their intentions.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."