The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad to see change in ads

Default Glad to see change in ads

I for one am glad to see the idea of putting your home state in the Classified Ad title in all of the Ads. It is sometime a bitch to find out where an originator is from when some don't put location even in their avatar area. Chase around looking up area codes has caused me not to be very interested in items listed.

Thanks for the change.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

I agree. I think the change is an very good idea. Now if folks who are looking for pups would just mention the state where they are located, it would really simplify the whole process.

Great change now we need to require price and pics on all ads.

I'm also glad to see location posted. Seems like every ad has a reply with Where are you located. Should speed up a sale to IMO. Now just need every one to follow the posting rule.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    Couldn't agree more!
    Trent

HR Goree's Flight School Drop Out SH "Maverick" 11/20/04---2/6/14
    Roux's Classy Lil' Bayou Princess "Sadee"
    Lean Grade of Dignified Troubles "Gracee"

Adding the location is probably a good thing. However, when I was shopping for a pup I called a breeder without knowing her location. After about 20 mins on the phone, I asked where she was located. She was in NE and I'm in CA. There is a lot of road between here and there. A few more calls over the next week convinced me that she was the one for us. Frontier Airlines shorted that trip quite a lot for my pup...
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    AND EIC and CNM for BOTH parents.

When you have it listed for one parent and not the other I just assume it's because the other is a carrier... But really why make the buyer ask you or have to go digging to find out? Just POST IT. please!

If they don't want a clear/carrier breeding they don't want it. Not posting this info, when you know it, will not change their mind.

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Folks, I hate to tell you, but the request for State Abbreviation has been in place since 2008. http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...l-ADS-by-STATE!

I finally just got so tired of having to edit each title that didn't include the state abbreviation that I made the Sticky. Sad to say, even though the Sticky shows on many of the Classified forums, there are still those posting ads without including that detail

There is a tremendous amount of work that goes on behind the scenes with the Classified forums. Ads not in compliance with the guidelines, ads not edited in the original post to say an item has been sold, duplicate ads being posted, etc. When the State Abbreviation is not used, I do a search based on the area code of the phone number, if one is given; if not given, the ad gets a (?) as I had no idea where the OP was located.

It would be so nice if posters would read the stickies at the top of the forums and then use the guidelines to post their ads.

Thanks for noticing the Sticky. It makes things easy for people to search by State by just clicking on "Thread Starter" at the top of the ads I know that has been a real help to me when I'm searching for pups or started dogs for clients and they want to stay within a certain distance.
    Last edited by Vicky Trainor; 06-28-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

I just wish listing the state in the topic on the equipment classifieds was more consistent.

Agree state and city should be listed. My experience has been that many responders fail to read the add. Seems like a call me to repeat everything already in the add. I would bet even with the state listed responders will still ask what state you're in.
    Tom Dorroh