The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Ruling on Contraception Mandate

Default Supreme Court Ruling on Contraception Mandate

An hour to go, what say you about what the supremes will rule?
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Up until the ruling on Obamacare, I thought the Supreme Court was somewhat predictable on issues that were tied to the U S Constitution...but now, I will not predict...they have a couple of Justices that really are unpredictable..

As trained lawyers, they can justify any position they choose!

I have sympathy for Hobby Lobby in this case, but I am very concerned as to the larger effects of a ruling in their favor. I do think the SC will find in their favor.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I have sympathy for Hobby Lobby in this case, but I am very concerned as to the larger effects of a ruling in their favor. I do think the SC will find in their favor.
    I think so, too.

No more forced murder by closely held corporations...............chipping away at this shit law a little piece at a time. It's a good day in America today. I can't wait for the day that tax payer funded subsidies in states with no federal exchange come before the supremes. That will collapse this law once and for all.

The only issue in these cases is Politics... the Justices in most cases today are just votes for agendas... It would be nice if future Justices could be remove when they can't make a good case that they followed the LAW...

The entire idea of Obama Care is UN-Constitutional in that it forces people to have insurance... that in itself is the major issue... all we needed were laws to make insurance companies have a risk pool for those wanting insurance with existing medical conditions. Instead of forcing the burdon onto Insurance companies, the Tax payer got stuck with it..
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    The only issue in these cases is Politics... the Justices in most cases today are just votes for agendas... It would be nice if future Justices could be remove when they can't make a good case that they followed the LAW...

The entire idea of Obama Care is UN-Constitutional in that it forces people to have insurance... that in itself is the major issue... all we needed were laws to make insurance companies have a risk pool for those wanting insurance with existing medical conditions. Instead of forcing the burdon onto Insurance companies, the Tax payer got stuck with it..
    I think actually that the law is a result of dems wanting public option insurance (socialized medicine). This law was a carefully crafted strategy, they (dems) new a public option wouldn't intially fly, but that it just might when the current law fails outright and a fast solution is needed to fix the insuing caos that will result.

Hopefully the repubs can counter the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    I think actually that the law is a result of dems wanting public option insurance (socialized medicine). This law was a carefully crafted strategy, they (dems) new a public option wouldn't intially fly, but that it just might when the current law fails outright and a fast solution is needed to fix the insuing caos that will result.

Hopefully the repubs can counter the strategy.
    I think they wanted insurance to be available to everyone and they didn't care if it was publicly or privately funded.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I think they wanted insurance to be available to everyone and they didn't care if it was publicly or privately funded.
    I think your half right

I don't understand the limited decision in this case though. Why is the religious objection to birth control different than a religious objection to a blood transfusion? It seems as though the SC is deciding winners and losers in religious freedoms. This also further confers more individual rights to corporations, which is fine if you think of them as people.