The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Ruling on Contraception Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I guess we'll just have to wait for the Fat Lady....
    No waiting needed, Odumbo is married to her. Its all on her posterior.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Hell Ranco....no body knows history the way you think know it!
    That could only make "SINCE" in the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    No waiting needed, Odumbo is married to her. Its all on her posterior.
    I guess you missed it. The point that is... There used to be some very intelligent debate on RTF PP. Sad to say those days are gone.

The right that posts these days have run off not just the intelligent left, but the intelligent right because they realize that they are known by the company they keep...JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 06-30-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I don't understand the limited decision in this case though. Why is the religious objection to birth control different than a religious objection to a blood transfusion? It seems as though the SC is deciding winners and losers in religious freedoms. This also further confers more individual rights to corporations, which is fine if you think of them as people.
    Has anyone seen or provided an answer to the first question raised in this statement? If this is about religious freedom of a private person (aka corporation) why did the scotus narrow it to coverage of contraception only?. They went out of their way to say that religious freedom only applies to contraception.

I guess you missed it. The point that is... There used to be some very intelligent debate on RTF PP. Sad to say those days are gone.

The right that posts these days have run off not just the intelligent left, but the intelligent right because they realize that they are known by the company they keep...JD
    jd,
    i for one enjoy debate that is entertaining and funny. a little satirical witticism is ok as long as it's not too "high minded"........interpreted as the stuff that goes over my head. but dude, intelligent debate is boring! i like my potus with third grade humor and potty mouth!
    jmc
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    jd,
    i for one enjoy debate that is entertaining and funny. a little satirical witticism is ok as long as it's not too "high minded"........interpreted as the stuff that goes over my head. but dude, intelligent debate is boring! i like my potus with third grade humor and potty mouth!
    jmc
    My kinda guy!!!
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Yawn...Sorry...I fell asleep...
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

To be honest I still don't understand the difference between one religious objection over the other. I need to do some more reading, but it seems counterintuitive.

I also do not understand why it only applies to privately/closely held corporations. If corporations are to be considered as people and all people are equal in the eye of the law, why then is the SC making the difference between how they are organized? If it is good for one, it ought to be good for the other.

It seems very confusing to me.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

No doubt about it!

Many of the newbies here on POTUS can't even substantiate their comments. They just bleat them out as if they are true because they say so. The average IQ on POTUS is under assault.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No doubt about it!

Many of the newbies here on POTUS can't even substantiate their comments. They just bleat them out as if they are true because they say so. The average IQ on POTUS is under assault.
    Maybe they don't have all the "resources" at their "fingertips" like you do!!!
    Stan b & Elvis