Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Ruling on Contraception Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yawn...Sorry...I fell asleep...
    Who knew????
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yawn...Sorry...I fell asleep...
    Now there is some intelligent debate. Welcome back.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe they don't have all the "resources" at their "fingertips" like you do!!!
    And realize our bloviating ain't gonna change chit in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    And realize our bloviating ain't gonna change chit in this country.
    It is astonishing how the leftys revere guys that cut and ran.
    The reverance due to the bandwidth they used to redefine redundance.

A Dr of Proctology, a real estate magnate who never sold a piece of property, a photographer who managed garbage & trash and a bloviator.

The funniest post I ever saw here was when the bloviator called another poster a blow hard, and he did it in less than his normal 6 paragraphs!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It is astonishing how the leftys revere guys that cut and ran.
    The reverance due to the bandwidth they used to redefine redundance.

A Dr of Proctology, a real estate magnate who never sold a piece of property, a photographer who managed garbage & trash and a bloviator.

The funniest post I ever saw here was when the bloviator called another poster a blow hard, and he did it in less than his normal 6 paragraphs!!
    Yes and its very entertaining watching their heads explode trying to defend the undefensible. What cracks me up is when they have to pull out the grammar and spellcheck card. Must drive em nuts when thats all they can attack.

I have zero respect for the kenyan in the white house and hope for nothing but ill will be upon him. The fact that I hold no punches about that seems to drive the lefties nuts. If it runs em off, well then, if one can't stand the roar of the big guns then get off the main deck.
    Last edited by freezeland; 07-01-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No doubt about it!

Many of the newbies here on POTUS can't even substantiate their comments. They just bleat them out as if they are true because they say so. The average IQ on POTUS is under assault.
    a person's IQ was never or should never be in question here on POTUS...its all about one's political opinion, no PhD required...people tend to forget that same fact on the dog training forum, EVERYONE is entitled to their OPINION, if that werent the case then we might as well wait for certain individuals to comment before finding a definitive way to train...

Someone once commented that POTUS was nothing more than " ...a circle jerk of like minded individuals" that is surely NOT the case, there are as many liberals as there are conservatives and a smattering of independents as have ever been here on POTUS

in the end its mindless entertainment...we arent winning hearts and changing minds here...name me one person whose political view has changed since they started here on POTUS
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    a person's IQ was never or should never be in question here on POTUS...its all about one's political opinion, no PhD required...people tend to forget that same fact on the dog training forum, EVERYONE is entitled to their OPINION, if that werent the case then we might as well wait for certain individuals to comment before finding a definitive way to train...

Someone once commented that POTUS was nothing more than " ...a circle jerk of like minded individuals" that is surely NOT the case, there are as many liberals as there are conservatives and a smattering of independents as have ever been here on POTUS

in the end its mindless entertainment...we arent winning hearts and changing minds here...name me one person whose political view has changed since they started here on POTUS
    If I were training a young dog and were unsure as to how to handle an issue, personally I would wait for the opinion of someone I respected in the world of retriever training for advice. Just one of those quirks of mine.

And yes, I think most come to POTUS for the entertainment because like you said, no one really is influenced by opinions posted here. For a more serious political discussion, there are several places on the www like this one; http://www.reddit.com/r/politics

However, I do miss the well thought out replies of those with opposing views as many have left. Not because they couldn't clearly articulate their opinion but because of a lot of low level comments made on this site by folks that have a difficult time articulating their view with any substance.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-01-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    To be honest I still don't understand the difference between one religious objection over the other. I need to do some more reading, but it seems counterintuitive.

I also do not understand why it only applies to privately/closely held corporations. If corporations are to be considered as people and all people are equal in the eye of the law, why then is the SC making the difference between how they are organized? If it is good for one, it ought to be good for the other.

It seems very confusing to me.
    The made the distinction about contraception because that was the issue that was presented in the case. If they would have went for a blanket statement covering just about anything it would have likely been rejected on the grounds of it being to broad. That's the way the system works, not saying its right necessarily.

The "closely held" corporation distinction was because it was easy to show that a family owned corporation that has a limited number of share holders could easily be shown to have a common religious belief system. (ie, the whole family is catholic so the companies shareholders are all catholic). A large corporation with 1000s of shareholders would be more diverse and couldn't claim they same tightly held beliefs.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Yardly and Franco changed my mind on a few things and so has Ken. I can't stand living a contradiction ,,so I weigh out idea's as they are presented,,compare them to what I have learned from the word of God and do a recheck on my heart and attitude. So yes sometimes people sy things that make me reconsider my position. Yet over all Politicians are greedy power hungry individuals . Who serve themselves and break core life principles

John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yardly and Franco changed my mind on a few things and so has Ken. I can't stand living a contradiction ,,so I weigh out idea's as they are presented,,compare them to what I have learned from the word of God and do a recheck on my heart and attitude. So yes sometimes people sy things that make me reconsider my position. Yet over all Politicians are greedy power hungry individuals . Who serve themselves and break core life principles
    There is a contradiction in itself, someone who quotes Bible scripture being influenced by someone who is a self proclaimed Agnostic....to each their own...looks like I was wrong
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"