The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Ruling on Contraception Mandate

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    It is rather strange that the religious right, who tries to use the Bible to influence our decision making process, never uses the Bible's interpretation of when life starts.
    Not sure I understand your point. Could you elaborate?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    Not sure I understand your point. Could you elaborate?
    Okay, first off, this is so important a theological question to an ancient society (When does life enter the body?) that it's laid out right there in Genesis:

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen 2:7
    So breath is life, and when life is breathed into the earthen vessel that is a human body, it comes alive. "A living soul" as the King James Version gives it. Talking about souls here can be problematic, so lets just talk about life. There's a lot of earthen vessel allusions in the bible, calling god the potter, that forms clay vessels (our bodies) into which god places our souls. This was always meant to be a metaphor. Indeed, this is rather problematic if you take it literally, because it means that god is a shoddy potter. How many people are born with defects or serious medical conditions? And what about the transgender person? If you take this stuff literally, it means that god intentionally formed a female body, and put a male soul into that body, or vice versa. This is yet another reason why God itself says in the bible (see below) that you shouldn't take scripture literally. But back to more scripture about how everything fundamentalists believe is theologically wrong.

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And by the breath of His mouth all their host. Psalms 33:6
    Gods breath makes everything live, because life is by definition the breath of god within living things.
    9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army... 13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.
    Ezekiel 37 9-10, 13-14
    Once again, the breath of god is life itself, and in this vision from Ezekiel, life is placed back into bodies which were dead, and they come back to life. It's all some kind of vision though, the bible doesn't actually claim that Ezekiel brought an army back from the dead. But it does lay out that life is breath.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Mr. Head,
    I'm not sure how you again mistakenly thought my question was directed to you, since I quoted the poster in my question. I will reiterate that it is probably best if you and I do not communicate directly. There is nothing to be gained by either of us.
    Thank you,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    Mr. Head,
    I'm not sure how you again mistakenly thought my question was directed to you, since I quoted the poster in my question. I will reiterate that it is probably best if you and I do not communicate directly. There is nothing to be gained by either of us.
    Thank you,
    just trying to help out. You apparently didn't like what the bible told you.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

I didn't see anyone bring up my opposition to this ruling, as a business owner. The Supreme Court just poked a hole in the corporate veil. Business owners want to benefit from the doctrine of corporate separateness when creditors want their money, or when the unthinkable happens and a lawyer hits you with a law suit. When that happens, the owners want to be able to throw up their hands and say, "Sorry, that's not me, that's the business." Piercing that corporate veil is supposed to be difficult. But all of a sudden, the Roberts Five is agreeing with business owners who want to turn around and say—when it comes to their interpretation of religion—that the business is the owners. They can't have it both ways. God help us...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzz, I would repeat that the Court made clear that this ruling was very narrow in its application.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Buzz, I would repeat that the Court made clear that this ruling was very narrow in its application.

We'll see how that works out...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I didn't see anyone bring up my opposition to this ruling, as a business owner. The Supreme Court just poked a hole in the corporate veil. Business owners want to benefit from the doctrine of corporate separateness when creditors want their money, or when the unthinkable happens and a lawyer hits you with a law suit. When that happens, the owners want to be able to throw up their hands and say, "Sorry, that's not me, that's the business." Piercing that corporate veil is supposed to be difficult. But all of a sudden, the Roberts Five is agreeing with business owners who want to turn around and say—when it comes to their interpretation of religion—that the business is the owners. They can't have it both ways. God help us...
    Buzz, you are going to have bigger problems than this.

Chicken little regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    They can't have it both ways. God help us...
    Actually Buzz they are having it both ways.
    Amazing what influence $$$$$$ can buy.

The SCOTUS is supposed to be immune from influence; and I believe mostly was for most of our history.

Unfortunately Big Money corps have changed that.

Corporations now even get some "eminent domain" rights; which individuals don't have. Unbelievable

The Corporation is a fictitious legal entity. It was never meant to have the rights of a real person. However that is rapidly changing. They are keeping their immunity, while attaining rights and freedoms not meant for them.

We need to take back our country. If the sheeple keep buying into the Dem & Rep BS, It may require a revolution

God help us indeed!!

These passages of scripture show that God recognizes life before birth:

Psalm 139:13-16
    Jeremiah 1:4-5
    Psalm 51:5
    Luke 1:39-44
    Exodus 21:22-24

Some drugs only act as an abortifacient. Some drugs can act to prevent conception. Or, if taken after conception can act as an abortifacient.

Ultimately, if you don't like the values supported by a company why would you want to work for them?

Tom
    Tom Wall