The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Police that shot dog - Now Public Outrage

Default Utah Police that shot dog - Now Public Outrage

From the dog shooting last week in Utah http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/29...cmp=latestnews
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

It's about time. Now maybe things will change but, I don't think so by the way the police chief was reacting. Just another day at the office.

Keith

From the article: “We entered the yard looking for a lost child,” Sgt. Joseph Cyr says on the video, according to Fox13Now. "He was threatened by the dog and shot the dog. That’s as simple as it gets.”

There you have it. The police defending the actions and protecting their own. They don't see a problem and if they do they won't admit it. They protect their own, essentially giving immunity for wrongful actions. This only goes to embolden and empower these bullies with a badge.

The police including the chief don't seem much concerned. The way to influence change is through the politicians.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Think we may need to think twice before we lump all police as "bullies with a badge".

What happened to the other thread on this issue? I was on page 12 of 25, took a break to run to the store and when I got back on line it was gone. In less than two hours it vanished.

Terri

I think the OP, Mitty, probably deleted it. Some of the posts were not so nice.
    I disagree with Darrin and Tony but I don't think any less of them and still hold them in high regard.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Sorry if my post made it seem that I think all police are bullies with a badge. I don't think that. I do think this dog killer is and there are others like him and it frustrates me the police refuse to police their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Migillicutty View Post
    Sorry if my post made it seem that I think all police are bullies with a badge. I don't think that. I do think this dog killer is and there are others like him and it frustrates me the police refuse to police their own.

Agree - I talked to our local chief & his asst. about this - they are not dog people - but they know I am -
    They know I would make this an issue if it happened in our town -

You can elect people that are appreciative of our 4 legged friends

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

When we started hearing about the no-knock entry incidences where the SWAT/police shot family dogs, we moved the dogs into our bedroom at night and keep the door shut. No big deal. Just a small after-thought.

Have these police-shoot-dog tragedies caused you to think about any changes in keeping your dog safe from this kind of danger? Even if you made no fundamental change, did it cross your mind that it's an outlier situation but worthy of at least thinking about?

IS there any way to protect the dogs from uninformed people with guns? Or is the real tragedy here the fact that we are basically helpless to prevent it?