The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in Purinia

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    So it is OK to use products from China to write and post complaints about products from China...

Got it. You have to love RTF!
    If I had to eat my MacBook, I wouldn't buy it either.

I try to buy the best quality and value products regardless of source country. Foodstuff from China don't make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    So it is OK to use products from China to write and post complaints about products from China...

Got it. You have to love RTF!
    When I start eating those products is where I'll draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    When I start eating those products is where I'll draw the line.
    A little old but probably even more relevant today...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-...cause-concern/
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    It is the one thing they are honest about.... telling you how most of the ingredients are processed at some point in China....

Fact..... just about anytime you see fish meal listed on a Pet Food ingredient label it has been processed in China... Purina set up an operation in China many years ago... and if you ask me, anything from China in the way of food processing is suspect... and a major reason for the jump in Canine Cancers...

All the people who run their dogs, hunt their dogs, and just love their dogs, should consider Victor or Dr. Tim's ... You are not going to lose performance, but may keep your best friend around longer...

I just hunt my dog and because of allergies not all foods are working... Fromm just came out with a Lamb and Lentil and it's working thank God... nobody makes a better pet food then Fromm as far as ingredients go... but I don't know how that translates to you guys running field trials... Fromm also co -packs Red Paw... which is a performance food...

If you have an allergic dog.... look at the Fromm fact sheet it is actually a 32-20 food on a dry matter basis...

http://frommfamily.com/pdf/typical-a...amb-lentil.pdf
    Really nice to talk about Dr. Tim`s but you just can`t buy it anywhere. It also has to be convenient to get and some dog foods are not!!!IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Really nice to talk about Dr. Tim`s but you just can`t buy it anywhere. It also has to be convenient to get and some dog foods are not!!!IMO
    Yup! Gotta pick whats the best that you have to pick from I have 1 store in town to buy dog food from... I pick from what they have
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    I have called Purina couple of times and they have told me there is nothing from China in PPP? I suspect much of our food (human and Dog food) has some Chineese products in it. Very disappointing to hear!! I will keep using the food The best we all can do is press them on the issue and hold them accountable!!
    Yes. Many ingredients for our prescription drugs comes from China. Just curious, do people here do the same research for your own health as you do for your pets?

I only offer this information as a data point in anyone's analysis of dog food. I spoke with a respresentative of a dog food company at the NARC last week and they indicated that based on their inquires approximately 86% of contestants in 2014 NARC feed their dogs PPP 30/20. And 18 of 20 finalist used PPP 30/20.
    This information is very consistent with what I learned at 2012 NRC.

I hope this is helpful....
    David

Like others have mentioned, you can get dog food shipped to your door for free through chewy.com (and maybe other places). I now get Dr. Tim's delivered as I can't find it locally.

rf2,
    i played chinese checkers with a guy who was 98 at the old folks home the other day. i think he will be ok (actuarially speaking), but should i be worried?
    jmc
    john mccallie

Diamond natural is I believe a 4 star dog food - no corn, no soy, no wheat. Mernards and Fleetfarm carry it for about 27-30$ per 40lb bag I believe. Diamond has recalls mostly attributable to corn smutt - no corn - no corn smutt. They also have a all life stage dog food now with no grain at all and I think it is a 28lb bag or better for about 35-38$ a bag at Mernards. So far I have found these products to have the best ingredients for a fair price. If anyone out there has anything better for the same or less - would love to see what it is. I am always looking at labels and I am usually so intensely reading the labels I always get the, may I help you... I was really disappointed in Blue - it is not the dog food it used to be and should not command the price it does now. Did you know recalls are not mandatory for dog food? I am glad Diamonds is good enough to own up to it and do the recalls. Like I said - I look at labels on a regular bases. Tractor Supply has a dog food called 4-Health that is a tractor supply brand that the ingredients and price are not too bad.