The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in Purinia

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Really nice to talk about Dr. Tim`s but you just can`t buy it anywhere. It also has to be convenient to get and some dog foods are not!!!IMO
    I wonder if he ships by the pallet to Canada.. if he did it may be worth sharing a pallet with other dog owners... or maybe try to become a distributor... this food is taking the performance world over in terms of sled dog racing.....
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I always fed proplan chicken and rice and it came in I believe 40lb bags for a reasonable price. Then they went with the Shredded blend and dropped the chicken and rice and made the bags smaller. The chredded blend had tiny moist pieces of kibble in it and any one can tell you wet ways more then dry so your are really getting even LESS and it appeared they changed the formula and it was not maintaining my dogs like I wanted. I had always been happy with pro-plan performance but to look at the ingredients you will find better for less but for some reason my dogs always did well on it. I do not plan on feeding my dogs anything that has ingredients that come from China if I know about it. Somebody on this thread said fish meal all comes from China. Have you looked at canned smoked oysters lately - if I recall they all come from China. The other thing the gripes me is why do they put soy in canned Tuna?? I am guessing as a filler and to cheep out and get the profit higher. I could not find any Tuna on the shelf that did not include soy. Ok, my gripe session is officially over.
    Julie (High Voltage Retrievers) Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog. Hunting is more fun with a good dog no matter how ugly it is.

Really nice to talk about Dr. Tim`s but you just can`t buy it anywhere. It also has to be convenient to get and some dog foods are not!!!IMO
    before I found dr. Tim's I was looking for the acana performance food..... Couldn't find it in the states anywhere......
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

There was a comment made earlier about cancer being on the rise in our dogs because of food ingredients. I wonder how much of that is instead because of the fact that dogs are living MUCH longer than they used to? The average life expectancy of an average medium-sized dog has almost doubled over the past several decades. Similar to human life expectancies increasing. With age comes cancer, unfortunately. Cellular changes related to environmental factors, exposures, etc. are all associated with the development of neoplasms. However, isn't it the much better medicine/surgery and foods that are allowing our dogs to live longer in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    before I found dr. Tim's I was looking for the acana performance food..... Couldn't find it in the states anywhere......
    One of my friends is a distributor...not exactly local for you though!
    -Julie, Monty (2005 YLM), Rogue (2009 BLM), and Eddy (2013 BLM)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Anon

LIFE IS GOOD. "Do what you like, like what you do."

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    I wonder if he ships by the pallet to Canada.. if he did it may be worth sharing a pallet with other dog owners... or maybe try to become a distributor... this food is taking the performance world over in terms of sled dog racing.....
    Can't imagine the cost!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I sure Dr. Tim's is good but PPP as well, has taken many retrievers to the top in performance such as the National, The Grand in HRC and all the other venues dogs are in.

I will remain with PPP . One look at my 12 yo tells the whole story. Bad choice some of you will say but... Although there are many comments about PPP even my vet compliments me on the health and weight of my dogs.

I also suspect, dogs like humans are getting cancer at alarming rates for a variety of reasons and it is not just the food!. The best each of us can do is choose wisely, send out the message and encourage company's we support to eliminate chineese from their foods and clothing etc and try not to purchase from Chineese made. IMHO

To sum up, we all have differing opinions on dog foods as we have seen before on RTF!!IMO
    Last edited by Mary Lynn Metras; 07-02-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

[QUOTE=Mary Lynn Metras;1234417]Can't imagine the cost!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I sure Dr. Tim's is good but PPP as well, has taken many retrievers to the top in performance such as the National, The Grand in HRC and all the other venues dogs are in.

I will remain with PPP . One look at my 12 yo tells the whole story. Bad choice some of you will say but... Although there are many comments about PPP even my vet compliments me on the health and weight of my dogs.

I also suspect, dogs like humans are getting cancer at alarming rates for a variety of reasons and it is not just the food!. The best each of us can do is choose wisely, send out the message and encourage company's we support to eliminate chineese from their foods and clothing etc and try not to purchase from Chineese made. IMHO

I can.

Cost of shipping one pallet(2200 pounds-55 bags) to Ontario is $629. There would be some brokerage fees.

Before you could import this food you would need clearance from Ag. Canada regarding the ingredients/sanitation reports etc.

Nothing is ever very simple.

Can someone post the Facebook link that was mentioned where purina indicates these ingredients are in fact coming from China? They have a ton of FB pages and I haven't found it just yet.

Thanks,
    Dave

Just lost 2 Goldens in the last 2 years, one was just short of 17, the other just short of 14. Guess I shouldn't have fed them that crappy PPP, maybe they would have lived longer

[QUOTE=krakadawn;1234418]
    Can't imagine the cost!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I sure Dr. Tim's is good but PPP as well, has taken many retrievers to the top in performance such as the National, The Grand in HRC and all the other venues dogs are in.

I.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie & Ruby View Post
    Can someone post the Facebook link that was mentioned where purina indicates these ingredients are in fact coming from China? They have a ton of FB pages and I haven't found it just yet.

Thanks,
    Dave
    https://www.facebook.com/purina?fref=ts

Its in the comment section on the right side of the page. Basically they said they use certain vitamins they can only get from China. Not all ingredients.

Can you tell us which ingredients specifically are from China? Is it the supplements/vitamins/additives, or the food products?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Nelson View Post
    I just got off the phone with Purinia to confirm they are buying ingredients from China. After what happened with the treats from there, I'm not feeding Chinese ingredients to my dogs. Been a loyal customer for years...truly disappointed.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com