The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson gets into Pot

Default Gary Johnson gets into Pot

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A Nevada-based startup that plans on selling medical and recreational marijuana products named former New Mexico governor and U.S. Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson as its CEO and president, the company announced Tuesday.

The announcement came as Cannabis Sativa Inc. said it had acquired marijuana research business Kush while company officials work to navigate changing state laws on marijuana and potential challenges from the federal government, which still views marijuana as a controlled substance.

Johnson said he hoped to expand Cannabis Sativa into a major marijuana business and intends to work out of New Mexico to help develop products that are legal in states like Colorado and Washington.

“I generally believe this is changing the planet for the better,” said Johnson, who will be paid $1 a year and receive equity in the company. “It also is a bet on the future … We think we have the creme de la creme of marijuana products.”

Johnson, who owned a construction company that helped build Intel Corp.’s Rio Rancho, New Mexico, plant before entering politics, said the company will make marijuana-based oils aimed at helping children with epilepsy. The two-term governor also said it will make cough drop-like products for recreational use.

“Couple of things hit you when you try the product. One is, wow, why would anybody smoke marijuana given this is an alternative?” Johnson said. “And then secondly, it’s just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant.”

In addition, Cannabis Sativa announced Tuesday it named Kush’s founder, Steve Kubby, as its chairman.

Kubby was the 1998 Libertarian Party nominee for California governor.

The company still is working to determine what its limitations are under federal law, which is in conflict with Colorado and Washington, Johnson said.

However, Johnson said he’s betting more states and the federal government eventually will allow recreational use of marijuana.

“I think in 10 years, for the most part, the U.S. will legalize marijuana,” Johnson said. “And what the U.S. does, so does the world.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz36IQDgP5t
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It is an emerging industry that will be worldwide and billions in legal profits made.

Gary does strike me as more of a Sativa kind of person than an Indica type.

What kind of high will I get from indica vs sativa?

Indica use creates a “couch-lock”, I-don’t-want-to-move-a-muscle type high. Using indica is a great choice for those nights indoors watching TV, playing video games, or just chilling with close companions. The indica high numbs the body down and induces an overall sense of relaxation, which is ideal for a relaxing night’s sleep.

Sativa use produces more of a mental, cereberal high, which often results in a boost in energy and imagination. Sativa strains are perfect when working creatively in activities such as writing, painting, and brainstorming new ideas. Sativas are also a great choice for enhancing the experience at artistic events like movies and concerts.

The Kennedys made their money selling illegal booze. At least Johnson is working within the Law.

The House Of Seagrams is trying to buy a Colorado MJ edibles producer.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-02-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Kind of says it all regarding what the Libertarian Party stands for....!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Kind of says it all regarding what the Libertarian Party stands for....!
    What's the difference whether you get numb from alcohol or from Pot. The end result is the same, except with pot, you don't wake up with a headache and vomiting. I haven't heard any statistics on how many people are killed in traffic accidents by pot smokers, but we all know there is a wealth of information out there about drunk drivers.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

This is a SNL skit waiting to happen...

More of a "mental, cerebral high".... Right
    Last edited by huntinman; 07-02-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Bill Davis

The LIBERALTARIANS have spoken.
    Stan b & Elvis

Y'all can live in your cave, that's your choice!

The world is changing, people are becoming better educated and don't fall as easily for the BS like you old folks!

Ever wonder why the Repub Party is in such poor shape Nationally?

I just had this conversation earlier today with one of my Dem friends. She though the Dem Party was growing at the expense of the Repubs. The reality is both the Dems and Repubs Parties are shrinking!

As of 2010[update], Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrats (tying a 22-year low), 29% as Republicans, and 38% as independents.[3] By 2011 Gallup found that Americans identifying as independents had risen to 40 percent. Gallup's historical data show that the proportion of independents in 2011 was the largest in 60 years.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-02-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I don't understand why people are against legalizing it. Same as alcohol. If you don't like booze, don't drink, if you don't like weed, don't smoke it. Kinda the same argument that the anti-hunters use. I don't like hunting, so nobody should be able to do it. I don't like pot, so nobody should be able to use it. My beliefs are all that matter, and I believe that it should not be legal, is the message I get when talking to people that are against legalizing it. I think we can all agree that everyone makes choices. If it is legal, and somebody chooses to use it, nobody's business but theirs. Same as the booze.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I don't understand why people are against legalizing it. Same as alcohol. If you don't like booze, don't drink, if you don't like weed, don't smoke it. Kinda the same argument that the anti-hunters use. I don't like hunting, so nobody should be able to do it. I don't like pot, so nobody should be able to use it. My beliefs are all that matter, and I believe that it should not be legal, is the message I get when talking to people that are against legalizing it. I think we can all agree that everyone makes choices. If it is legal, and somebody chooses to use it, nobody's business but theirs. Same as the booze.
    So you LIKE it and think it should be legal, and we can just deal with it since its what YOU want?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So you LIKE it and think it should be legal, and we can just deal with it since its what YOU want?
    Only in a society where people have the Liberty to take responsibility for their actions.

It appears that the Nanny State mentality is NOT just a Dem thing.

There isn't another Political Party in America that is more responsible on the issues than the Libertarian Party.

We lead on;

Gun Rights
    Fiscal Responsibility as the ONLY Party supporting a Balanced Budget Amendment
    Social Issues
    Defense
    Healthcare and other issues!

read it here;
    http://www.lp.org/issues