The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson gets into Pot

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    the diff....
    both of those items you list, and the bier in my fridge and the maple syrup I make. All that can kill you if you choose....
    Are made by the hand of Man. I have been meaning to start a thread on this for a while. The hand of Man vs. the hand of God. So many times when "WE" take something from nature and refine it and "boil it down" like I do with maple tree sap
    we totaly flock it up. The friendly natives in the amizon munching on coca leaves do not have the issues the crack heads of Baltamore have. My point, how can a weed that grows in the dirt be against the law? Now refined products from it... cough drops I just read??? Now again I see potential bad mojo here. But the plant in the dirt placed by God? How can a plant break a law?
    I would think that the religious folks in the country would be in favor of it due to their Christian beliefs. If GOD put it on the earth, it should be good in their eyes. Apparently they disagree with "GOD's" decision to let this plant grow and prosper. If it is not altered by artificial chemicals, and just smoked, I think it is fine. I do agree that the alteration of it into other things mentioned above, is not something that I think should be done. Put into brownies is a good way to get stoned without smoking. Not altering it, just adding it as an ingredient.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Man has been altering plants and animals since time began. Some things are no longer the same as they were when they came from the hand of God. Mutations have occured and continue to occur. And I am not talking about gene splitting...........all it takes for a mutation to continue is the correct place for it to prosper .............or somebody to recognize the worth ( in money or otherwise ) and help keep it "going".
    And there is the fact that God did not plan for the human race to use some things the way man has used them.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Man has been altering plants and animals since time began. Some things are no longer the same as they were when they came from the hand of God. Mutations have occured and continue to occur. And I am not talking about gene splitting...........all it takes for a mutation to continue is the correct place for it to prosper .............or somebody to recognize the worth ( in money or otherwise ) and help keep it "going".
    And there is the fact that God did not plan for the human race to use some things the way man has used them.
    I wonder how many of the ones here that are so against it being legalized, are old enough to be children of the 60s. Smoked a little weed, drank some hooch etc. It is a choice. If you don't want to use it, don't, but why not allow people that want to use it do it legally? That is part of the reason a lot of the world hate us, because we try to make them do things our way with our beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I would think that the religious folks in the country would be in favor of it due to their Christian beliefs. If GOD put it on the earth, it should be good in their eyes. Apparently they disagree with "GOD's" decision to let this plant grow and prosper. If it is not altered by artificial chemicals, and just smoked, I think it is fine. I do agree that the alteration of it into other things mentioned above, is not something that I think should be done. Put into brownies is a good way to get stoned without smoking. Not altering it, just adding it as an ingredient.
    There's that liberal logic showing it's shinyhead again!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    So you LIKE it and think it should be legal, and we can just deal with it since its what YOU want?
    No Stan, it is obvious that we should only deal with and make things legal that YOU want & LIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    There's that liberal logic showing it's shinyhead again!
    So what's your issue with legalizing it? It's not hurting you by being legal. If you don't want to use it, don't. No different than someone going out and having drinks after work, just a different substance to satisfy the urge to get loose. Do you have anything to add to the conversation, or just like being a wise guy? One liner jabs contribute nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    No Stan, it is obvious that we should only deal with and make things legal that YOU want & LIKE!
    oooooh great point
    Have we not seen photos of Mr Roadkill working his tail off at some test..... and smoking something large and brown?
    Just to keep the bugs away of course.
    Just a plant that grows in the dirt, right Stan?
    Love it when "mjh" types a good one and I get to quote him 'cause all the folks that have him on ignore have to read it!!!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post

She shoulda re-thunk that hole "dominion over" thing in the old T 'cause we ain't got the smarts to play god.
    note the lower case "g" in that line
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    She shoulda re-thunk that hole "dominion over" thing in the old T 'cause we ain't got the smarts to play god.
    note the lower case "g" in that line
    Yep. Trouble with legalizing this stuff is we have a lot of ignorant parents who let their children us whatever it is that they use for a buzz, getting stoned or drunk. Legalized stuff makes it easier to get. We have some people on this board who might fall into that group at times
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Our little city will soon find out 1st hand about the benefits (?) of recreational marijuana -
    a majority of the city council is convinced it will be a good thing .

I have little experience with it, though one of our sons tried it briefly. He decided that the
    pleasure of marijuana was not worth inciting the wrath of his mother .

Though non of us are teetotalers, alcohol has a rather small place in our lives. My youngest
    still fondly remembers coming home late, being sick, getting rolled out early to clean up his
    mess & do his chores. He remembers my comment "If you act like a man, you get treated like
    one, which means you get up & get with it the following morning" - Life's Lessons, one at a time!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!