The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson gets into Pot

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    oooooh great point
    Have we not seen photos of Mr Roadkill working his tail off at some test..... and smoking something large and brown?
    Just to keep the bugs away of course.
    Just a plant that grows in the dirt, right Stan?
    Love it when "mjh" types a good one and I get to quote him 'cause all the folks that have him on ignore have to read it!!!!
    If cigars were illegal I wouldn't smoke them.
    Do "we" get that?
    Stan b & Elvis

As a parent I understand the fear of drug usage. It's not Pot that kills kids, but the Heroin they get into... the old idea that pot leads to higher drug use can be argued, but wouldn't it be better if the DEA could go after the real drug dealers who sell cocaine and heroin?

problem is kids who get into drugs or alcohol abuse have some issues in the form of personality that leads to the use. A parent needs to see those signs and get them professional help.

Prohibition didn't work. Neither has the criminalization of Pot. One can argue the medicinal purposes of both drugs, and like all things mis-use can happen. If Colorado turns into a zombie state with people just hanging out getting stoned the tide will change and Pot will once again be banned. Time will tell.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    As a parent I understand the fear of drug usage. It's not Pot that kills kids, but the Heroin they get into... the old idea that pot leads to higher drug use can be argued, but wouldn't it be better if the DEA could go after the real drug dealers who sell cocaine and heroin?

problem is kids who get into drugs or alcohol abuse have some issues in the form of personality that leads to the use. A parent needs to see those signs and get them professional help.

Prohibition didn't work. Neither has the criminalization of Pot. One can argue the medicinal purposes of both drugs, and like all things mis-use can happen. If Colorado turns into a zombie state with people just hanging out getting stoned the tide will change and Pot will once again be banned. Time will tell.
    I agree with most of this post.
    I DON'T know the answer.
    I am glad so many here do know all, how refreshing!!!
    However, murder is illegal, yet it still occurs................shall we just legalize it?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I DON'T know the answer.
    However, murder is illegal, yet it still occurs................shall we just legalize it?
    All I know is as a Nation we have spent billions to try to enforce our drug laws, and somehow the stuff gets on our streets. It's easy money for the sellers, better then bagging groceries at the local supermarket. In the end it becomes a horrible environment for any kid to break free from...

There is no easy answer when it comes to addiction, and every journey of those who get into drugs is a different one. The heroin on the streets today kills. It's too powerful, and the young teens who try it often die. All across America teens die every day from a fatal dose.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    All I know is as a Nation we have spent billions to try to enforce our drug laws, and somehow the stuff gets on our streets. It's easy money for the sellers, better then bagging groceries at the local supermarket. In the end it becomes a horrible environment for any kid to break free from...

There is no easy answer when it comes to addiction, and every journey of those who get into drugs is a different one. The heroin on the streets today kills. It's too powerful, and the young teens who try it often die. All across America teens die every day from a fatal dose.
    I lost one of my favorite players I ever coached to heroin.
    SUCKS!!!!!

Nicest kid ever, something went wrong.
    I wish I could have helped.

I always told them the real HIGHS are on the field or on the court.
    (No headache the next day and you will remember it!)

People are spending tons of money for the feelings we got playing as a team!

Just my beliefs, and I will hold on to them tightly!!!!!
    They are as valid as the anything goes mentality, and likely yield more positive results!
    Stan b & Elvis

......., murder is illegal, yet it still occurs................shall we just legalize it?
    can you grow "Murder" in your yard 'tween the green beans and tomato plants like you can tobacco and pot?
    again, my point, hand of Man vs. hand of God.
    Murder is all on the hand of man. Are you Abel to raise the Cane back up when its in defeat?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    can you grow "Murder" in your yard 'tween the green beans and tomato plants like you can tobacco and pot?
    again, my point, hand of Man vs. hand of God.
    Murder is all on the hand of man. Are you Abel to raise the Cane back up when its in defeat?
    No, but I grew 2 children in my yard..............................and we had tomato plants in the yard.
    Last edited by road kill; 07-04-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

For the record;

If you wanna be high, be high!

I'd rather ride............
    Last edited by road kill; 07-04-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I DON'T know the answer.
    They seem to be testing that in Chicago...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Yep. Trouble with legalizing this stuff is we have a lot of ignorant parents who let their children us whatever it is that they use for a buzz, getting stoned or drunk. Legalized stuff makes it easier to get. We have some people on this board who might fall into that group at times
    kids get their parents pain meds, and into the liquor cabinet. People are gonna get their fix. Kids are gonna do what kids do, and we, as parents, need to be sure we are providing our children withe their needs. I don't and have never condoned underage drinking. I believe that the legalized pot should have an age restriction, just like alcohol. We cannot stop our kids from hanging out with the wrong crowd. We can only provide them guidance, Love and understanding. We as parents need to be parents, not our kid's party buddy. Good parenting is paramount to raising good kids. Just like our dogs, provide them with their needs and train them to be good members of society. Legalized pot use and alcohol requires using it responsibly. The secret to carryin on, is not gettin carried away.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead