The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Finn

Default FC Finn

I'm possibly considering breeding my 2 year old yellow female that just received her HRCH to FC Finn!! I'm wondering what anybodys thoughts are on this and his quality of pups he throws? Please let me know his pros and cons?

http://lonewillowkennel.com/at-stud.htm Yahoo search took 1 minute.

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

That link doesn't work. Try this one: http://blackwaterslastresort.weebly.com .

We had a litter late last fall by Finn. It is too early to get a lot of feed back on their training, but reports from the families have been positive.

This is a picture of one of the pups at about 3 months old in the duck blind. He accompanied his owner hunting right away and began learning what it was all about.

He even made a retrieve when a bird fell really close to the blind.

Last edited by Lady Duck Hunter; 07-03-2014 at 05:04 AM.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

thanks for the pics he really throws some gorgeous pups. ive talked to steve and bob and have visited that site jst was looking for some outside opionions?

My father has a Finn x MH pup that I have been training. Very, very good marking dog. Quiet and calm at the line. I don't know if he even knows how to bark. Very steady at a young age without really asking him to be. Really wants to please you and do what is asked, but is a little soft and really requires alot of teaching. Once he understands what you are asking of him he will do his best to do it. Nice enough dog that I plan to breed to him in the future to my Cosmo female that is very very hot.

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
    My father has a Finn x MH pup that I have been training. Very, very good marking dog. Quiet and calm at the line. I don't know if he even knows how to bark. Very steady at a young age without really asking him to be. Really wants to please you and do what is asked, but is a little soft and really requires alot of teaching. Once he understands what you are asking of him he will do his best to do it. Nice enough dog that I plan to breed to him in the future to my Cosmo female that is very very hot.
    We also have a male who is getting ready to run Masters. He is much like Chris describes above. When he is just hangin out with you he is just a big goofy dog, loves to sit by my side and get petted. He looks like he would be a couch potato and in fact loves that position in the house. But throw anything and he turns on the after burners there and back! At our club's annual picnic this year he won the Super Singles contest against several very fast dogs. We recently had a club training day and had lots of MH and QAA dogs there and he made a very respectable showing on the triple that gave a lot of the dogs trouble.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

I had good success training a Finn pup. There may be some videos of him under my name on rtf. Dogs name is Briley . The owner is really pleased with her.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Finn litter. Ended up driving to SD for the breeding. Was the best trip I ever took. All pups were spoken for before breeding happened. I needed 4 girls and a boy. For field, obedience & agility homes. Got exactly what I asked for.

Girl I kept broke her shoulder at 3 1/2 months. Creat and leash for almost 5 months. She is in full training mode field and obedience. She learns quick. Has a stubborn streak in her. Thanks MUM! But gets through her little episodes quick.

Responses from the whole litter. They are bold, easy to train and have loads of drive in every thing they do.

Call Bob or Steve, they are great people and will give you very honest answers to your questions.

if I were in the market for another pup I would look for a Finn littler first.

Pattie
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!

Ok thanks!! My female I wnt to breed to Finn is a hrch fire breather in the field that handles pressure and collar pretty good is and so polite and calm in the house!! She is a little hard headed at times cuz shes so hot when it's go time!! My main concern is wut kinda pup they will create I've been told that Finn pups can be soft if not the rite bitch??

Not sure what you want to be told other than what has already been said.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"