The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Wounded Warrior Dog

Default Wounded Warrior Dog

Ok everyone, we are asking for your help to hopefully make a small difference. We are now accepting nominations to determine who will be the recipient of the wounded warrior dog that we are training. We have a very nice yellow male pup that has been donated by a very reputable breeder. He will be placed on our truck, put through our gun dog program and then given to a very deserving wounded warrior. This will be done at zero expense the recipient. What we are asking of you is if you know of a wounded warrior that could benefit from a new companion and a trained retriever please contact us with their info. We need the following:

Name, Location, contact info and a short bio to tell us about the warrior that you are nominating and why you are nominating them.

To ensure that we place the dog with a warrior that he will serve best we ask that the person you nominate is a waterfowl hunter or interested in becoming involved in hunt tests.

For those making nominations please send info to us here or email mattduncan8282@gmail.com if you have any questions you can call Matt directly at 317-534-7380.

Thanks Everyone and please feel free to share this or post this info elsewhere.
    HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
    SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
    Bourbon Bay's Other Woman "Jolene"

Nice. I don't know a particular individual but if I could I'd nominate all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Duncan View Post
    Ok everyone, we are asking for your help to hopefully make a small difference. We are now accepting nominations to determine who will be the recipient of the wounded warrior dog that we are training. We have a very nice yellow male pup that has been donated by a very reputable breeder. He will be placed on our truck, put through our gun dog program and then given to a very deserving wounded warrior. This will be done at zero expense the recipient. What we are asking of you is if you know of a wounded warrior that could benefit from a new companion and a trained retriever please contact us with their info. We need the following:

Name, Location, contact info and a short bio to tell us about the warrior that you are nominating and why you are nominating them.

To ensure that we place the dog with a warrior that he will serve best we ask that the person you nominate is a waterfowl hunter or interested in becoming involved in hunt tests.

For those making nominations please send info to us here or email mattduncan8282@gmail.com if you have any questions you can call Matt directly at 317-534-7380.

Thanks Everyone and please feel free to share this or post this info elsewhere.
    Marcus Luttrel. He's the soldier who the book and movie lone survivor are based upon. His dog was murdered by a couple low lifes. He shouldn't be hard to track down.

They are all deserving though as the other posted mentioned. Good on you for doing this no matter who is chosen.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Senior Member Twin Willows Labs's Avatar

I second Marcus. Also, he was a Navy SEAL, not a soldier. Not trying to be a jerk, but some vets can get a little more grumpy than others about being mislabeled. Kyle Carpenter would be another name I would throw out. He was a marine that jumped on a grenade in Afghanistan back in 2010. He was recently awarded the Medal of Honor.
    "If you're too busy to duck hunt, you're too busy" - Jase Robertson
    "You're going hunting again? In this weather?" - My fiance

Twin Willows Lil Miss Zoey JH
    Soon to be the next big thing.
    Andrew's Baby Saint
    The queen bee. Old and deaf. My version of the once-in-a-lifetime dog. I regret not sharing her with the world.

as much as I admire Marcus Luttrell and his team...I would like to see one of our vets from here on the RTF be considered for your donation..I know of a couple that would qualify under your criteria, but I also know that they would not expect any recognition for their service or the fact that they were injured during their duty for our country..I know your organization is Wounded Warrior, but IMO EVERY vet that served had some type of injury, PTSD, or some other malady that may continue to haunt them for the rest of their natural lives

Please consider every VETERAN, in combat and war there are many injuries that dont leave a mark on the outer body or even pierce the skin, but their injuries are just as real and just as severe, and most of the time harder to reveal, diagnose and ultimately treat...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is a great gift. THANK YOU
    Last edited by Vinny Dalena; 07-03-2014 at 08:04 AM.

I would like to ask anyone that is making a nomination to please provide the info requested in the original post. We currently have had several nominations.

Also I would like to thank Dr. Tim!! Dr. Tim has offered to provide a year supply of dog food delivered to the recipient for free! Thank you everyone for your support!
    HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
    SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
    Bourbon Bay's Other Woman "Jolene"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Duncan View Post

Also I would like to thank Dr. Tim!! Dr. Tim has offered to provide a year supply of dog food delivered to the recipient for free! Thank you everyone for your support!
    Wow talk about being generous! Thank you to both you and Dr Tim! Someone is going to be very happy when all is said and done!

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.