The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tape a cup to your head for deer flys??

Ken,

Here's one I started awhile ago.
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...utdoor-Control

Good Luck with that.

BD

One of the first Q's I ran was in Virginia MN, deer fly's were terrible, as I walked to the line I noticed one of the judges had some type of fly strip on the back of his cap filled with fly's ( Rick Vanbergan) to this day when ever I see Rick I think of his "fly Hat".. Deer flys are horrible , they never give up and hurt like hell..

You did it BD! Thank You.
    Hey Janitor.... search sucks
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Mgr of one of the fed refuges that's ate up with deer flies down here says the best protection they've found is doing essentially the same with sticky stuff on blue hats.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2012-2013 season log)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    You did it BD! Thank You.
    Hey Janitor.... search sucks
    I have acknowledged this for quite some time.

Are you aware of this sticky? http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...rch-for-Topics I used it and typed up the word "deer fly". Alec's post came up in the second search position.

I would highly suggest the use of the google advanced search function, rather than trying to use the VBulletin's version that's part of the discussion board software.

I have a feeling that part of the issue is that we've been on several platforms and had several moves over the years. I think that may create some lack of "stability" or "consistency" in how the search runs...
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"