The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: IRS lawyers ... trying to drink out of a fire hose

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,960

    Default IRS lawyers ... trying to drink out of a fire hose

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ad_796051.html

    http://tinyurl.com/oan64gv

    2:04 PM, Jul 3, 2014 • By STEPHEN F. HAYES

    IRS lawyers ought to enjoy themselves this holiday weekend because, as the Washington Examiner's Mark Tapscott reports, "they'll be busier than normal next week." IRS counsel will make two separate appearances next week in court to explain and defend the agency's handling of Lois Lerner's now-missing emails.

    The Obama administration has managed to keep the IRS story just below full-blown-scandal level for months now. The Washington-based establishment media, long friendly to Barack Obama and his White House, have been willing to accept at face value the increasingly implausible nothing-to-see-here claims of top IRS and Obama administration officials. Many reporters are eager to believe Democrats' claims that the scandal is yet another example of right wing hysteria. When Republicans make wild public accusations without evidence to support them, as we've seen in abundance in recent weeks, they make it easier for lazy reporters to move the IRS story from their "potential scandal" box to their "Washington dysfunction" pile.

    The possible shift from Congress to the courts may complicate that framework.

    - more -
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 07-05-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  2. #2
    Senior Member GaryJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Not being a lawyer I wonder why they don't just ask for ALL emails inside the government or just the IRS where the from person was Lois? It is not impossible to crawl emails and retrieve such data.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

    Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

  3. #3
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Just stonewalling tactics ... every knows the E-mails exist... When you have a corrupt Attorney General/ Justice dept... what police force is going to walk in and get those e-mails...

    The head of the IRS took the Fifth when questioned by Congress .. she did not want to incriminate herself ... so she had some guilt she was hiding. Most likely covering up a direct order that goes right back to the Oval Office.

    If she were not guilty she would have answered the Congress questions presented.. It's gone from acts of Dirty Politics to a cover up... a more serious crime.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  4. #4
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Just stonewalling tactics ... every knows the E-mails exist... When you have a corrupt Attorney General/ Justice dept... what police force is going to walk in and get those e-mails...

    The head of the IRS took the Fifth when questioned by Congress .. she did not want to incriminate herself ... so she had some guilt she was hiding. Most likely covering up a direct order that goes right back to the Oval Office.

    If she were not guilty she would have answered the Congress questions presented.. It's gone from acts of Dirty Politics to a cover up... a more serious crime.

    so much THIS ^^^^^

    I have often thought that the AG office should be appointed by Congress and not the POTUS, he is the nation's Chief Prosecutor and his silence and absence on this subject is deafening...and its not just this administration, Reno>Ashcroft>Gonzales>Meier>Holder, they have ALL been inept/corrupt
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #5
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so much THIS ^^^^^

    I have often thought that the AG office should be appointed by Congress and not the POTUS, he is the nation's Chief Prosecutor and his silence and absence on this subject is deafening...and its not just this administration, Reno>Ashcroft>Gonzales>Meier>Holder, they have ALL been inept/corrupt
    AMEN... you sure hit it on the head...
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  6. #6
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    Actually, I believe those emails could well be gone forever. Why wouldn't they destroy them? They are the smoking gun, the fingerprints, the DNA that would convict someone. Unless there is someone who saved the evidence for their own personal enrichment thru blackmail.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  7. #7
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Actually, I believe those emails could well be gone forever. Why wouldn't they destroy them? They are the smoking gun, the fingerprints, the DNA that would convict someone. Unless there is someone who saved the evidence for their own personal enrichment thru blackmail.
    You can't destroy them .. ask any forensic computer expert.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  8. #8
    Senior Member GaryJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Yes the data can often not always be recovers from a crashed drive. However if the drives are physically destroyed the data is gone. I hope everybody does that to the computer they are trashing.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

    Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

  9. #9
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Yes the data can often not always be recovers from a crashed drive. However if the drives are physically destroyed the data is gone. I hope everybody does that to the computer they are trashing.
    The e-mail in question could be destroyed in the hard drive of an individuals personal computer... the problem the IRS has is it uses the "Cloud" provided by Microsoft... each and every e-mail sent is there for investigators to read if a warrant is obtained.

    E-mails pulled up to your hard drive are just one copy of the mail sent.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  10. #10
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    One expert did say that the backup tapes, if written over several times, could yield nothing but gibberish. If they are in the cloud, isn't there some point where it would also get "corrupted"?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •