The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRS lawyers ... trying to drink out of a fire hose

Do you believe this?

The DOJ first heard about Lerner's lost emails ... through the media!
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...-news-n1863180

At best the Department of Justice isn't taking the investigation into IRS targeting seriously. At worst DOJ officials are using the "investigation" to stonewall and cover-up wrong doing. After all, Lois Lerner was working with DOJ officials to build a criminal case against tea party groups.

According to new IRS emails obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request from Judicial Watch, former head of tax exempt groups at the IRS Lois Lerner was in contact with the Department of Justice in May 2013 about whether tax exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for "lying" about political activity.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

These people make Nixon look like an Angel
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Ah ... now they say they may have, indeed, found those back-up tapes
    The head of the IRS confirmed Wednesday that investigators looking into missing emails from ex-agency official Lois Lerner have found and are reviewing "backup tapes" -- despite earlier IRS claims that the tapes had been recycled.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, testifying before a House oversight subcommittee, stressed that he does not know "how they found them" or "whether there's anything on them or not." But he said the inspector general's office advised him the investigators are reviewing tapes to see if they contain any "recoverable" material.

The revelation is significant because the IRS claimed, when the agency first told Congress about the missing emails, that backup tapes "no longer exist because they have been recycled."

It is unclear whether the tapes in IG custody contain any Lerner emails, but Koskinen said investigators are now checking.
    One person ... so far ... hesitated to lie. Maybe more like him will be found?
    Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee first raised questions about the backup tapes on Monday, releasing a partial transcript from an interview with IRS official Thomas Kane. In it, Kane said "there is an issue" as to whether all the backup tapes were destroyed. Asked if they might still exist, he said he didn't know but "it's an issue that's being looked at."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Well ...
    House investigators said Tuesday that the computer hard drive of ex-agency official Lois Lerner -- a key figure in the IRS targeting scandal -- was only “scratched,” not irreparably damaged, as Americans have been led to believe.

GOP-led Ways and Means Committee investigators, in their quest to recover missing Lerner emails, learned her hard drive was damaged but recoverable by talking to IRS information-technology experts, after the government originally refused to make them available, according to the committee.
    In addition, learning that the hard drive was only scratched also raises questions about why the IRS refused to use outside experts to recover the data.

“In fact, in-house professionals at the IRS recommended the agency seek outside assistance in recovering the data,” the committee said Tuesday in a release.
    A declaration filed Friday by the IRS stated the agency tried but failed to recover the data. The agency also said it is not sure what happened to the hard drive, other than saying they think it was recycled, which according to the court filing means “shredded.”

The committee also said a review of internal IRS documents found Lerner’s computer was actually described as “recovered.”
    Nope ... not a smidgeon of corruption in the IRS. Lerner claiming the 5th might have been a clue?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I fear you all underestimate the power of Obama's totally corrupt administration....! Like the Clinton's we will see dead bodies on the lawn, if necessary...

The IRS scandal gets even larger ... not just right-leaning groups, also those associated with supporting Israel
    http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014...ael_group.html

I wasn't able to read the WSJ article.

This is now a scandal that involves a conspiracy between different departments of the federal government, strongly implying a coordinating effort senior to the Departments of State and Treasury. Which would be…the White House.

This is so incriminating that a full court press is being invoked to delay further discovery. The lawsuit filed by Z-Street in 2010 is the furthest along of any judicial inquiries into the IRS scandals. And the IRS is doing everything possible to slow it down:
    The real damage comes from public knowledge of the extent of the politicization of the IRS and other government departments working together to suppress political opposition to the administration.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Sounds like a corrupt government... but what you going to do... that's Washington for ya...
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

This article is dated 7/23, but I never saw it before (to my recollection). So, the IRS IT experts say that Lois' hard drive was NOT irrevocably damaged according to the IRS IT people.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/irs-ex...rticle/2551162
    But now, investigators have had a chance to talk to the technical experts inside the IRS who actually examined Lerner's computer, and the experts say the hard drive in question was actually just "scratched," and that most of the data on it was recoverable.

The IRS computer experts also told the committee that they had recommended seeking outside help in recovering the data from Lerner's computer — something IRS management declined to do
    n addition, the committee says it has come across evidence that, at least for some period of time, Lerner's computer was listed as "recovered" in an internal IRS IT tracking document. The committee says IRS experts were not able to say whether "recovered" meant that the hard drive had actually been saved or whether it had met some other fate. In any event, committee aides say they have consulted with "former federal law enforcement and Department of Defense forensic experts" about the matter, and their conclusion is that the majority of information on the drive could have been saved.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com