The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRS lawyers ... trying to drink out of a fire hose

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    The e-mail in question could be destroyed in the hard drive of an individuals personal computer... the problem the IRS has is it uses the "Cloud" provided by Microsoft... each and every e-mail sent is there for investigators to read if a warrant is obtained.

E-mails pulled up to your hard drive are just one copy of the mail sent.
    If the IRS is using an external party for emails then you are correct and there should be no problem getting the emails.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    One expert did say that the backup tapes, if written over several times, could yield nothing but gibberish. If they are in the cloud, isn't there some point where it would also get "corrupted"?
    That is true with backup tapes. The backup tapes are created to protect the company or government in this case from losing all their data should they have a hardware failure. Backup tapes are typically recycled so they can be written on over and over again. For example if the policy is to keep daily back ups for 7 days and only 1 tape per day is needed then a single tape could be used 4 times in a month.

Cloud storage typically is not corrupted. Think of cloud storage as your computer hard drive but located elsewhere other than your computer. You update your files over and over again but because it is hardware and not tape the data essentially never goes away. If the hardware does get corrupted most, not all of the time the data can be recovered.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

The IRS is in big doo doo... they are just delaying the inevitable ... even the NSA has copies of these E-mails if we are to believe Snowden.

This is bringing so many thoughts back to Watergate and the missing section of tape... that was erased. A crime that was called obstruction of justice.

The IRS is also trying to say the Director did not have a large cloud allocation of data and thus it over wrote any e-mails.. but that is why forensic experts can work backwards and recover the data.. Most of us have so much space in our e-mail accounts we will never use... can we really believe the IRS had not upgraded their systems?

JMO educated opinion the e-mails will be recovered post November elections.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I'd say the playbook would be to delay any "evidence" revelations until after the November elections, and then hope it can be made "old news" by 2016.

Remember Benghazi? POTUS and Hillary told a lie about the video schtick ... POTUS even re-told it at the UN. While there were indications that the video was a "cover story" even then, the MSM "covered" for Obama long enough to get through Nov. 2012. Then two years later the WH claims it's "old news". The MSM should take some of the flack for the UACs flooding the border ... they helped re-elect this POTUS.

Today's NY Times is covering what the POTUS is considering to protect contraception availability (I thought he already solved that problem with the RC church, i.e. make the insurance companies pay for it) and how the Californians are not abiding by edicts to save water. Not a word in those headlines about the troubles at IRS.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Those "lost" emails are someone's insurance policy and another's death sentence....all depends on which side of the correspondence you are on...

by LL stating that the emails are gone they are also saying that the sender or the receiver of those email also lost their copy too....there are lies and there are damned lies

a Federal indictment will make those appear faster than a David Copperfield magic trick
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So far no one in this administration seems to worry much about law. Plus, the POTUS can always issue a pardon.

Either it will be someone with a conscience left (Obama's Deep Throat); or someone with a monetary motive; or someone involved who is far enough down in the food-chain who fears they will be the scapegoat who gets thrown under the bus.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    a Federal indictment will make those appear faster than a David Copperfield magic trick
    Given the nature of the Justice Dept, she's essentially guaranteed no indictment.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    So far no one in this administration seems to worry much about law. Plus, the POTUS can always issue a pardon.

Either it will be someone with a conscience left (Obama's Deep Throat); or someone with a monetary motive; or someone involved who is far enough down in the food-chain who fears they will be the scapegoat who gets thrown under the bus.
    Good post. Right on target. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...hiding-emails/
    You can say that this comes from a source that has self-interest ... but there is no denying the quotes directly from Lerner, herself. That is now a matter of record.
    I had a question today about OCS [Microsoft Office Communications Server]. I was cautioning folks about email and how we have several occasions where Congress has asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails – so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails. Someone asked if OCS conversations were also searchable – I don’t know, but told them I would get back to them. Do you know?

This email is damaging enough; it shows that the IRS officials were deeply concerned about what Congress might see. After all, if there’s “not a smidgen of corruption” at the IRS, as President Obama contends, what is there to fear from routine congressional oversight?

The response from IRS IT official Maria Hooke, however, was worse:
    No, the IRS does not routinely save chat communications – unless employees intentionally take steps to preserve their conversation. These chat communications are not saved – and this is critical – despite the fact that “the functionality exists within the software.”

In other words, the IRS could have saved these communications – communications of particular concern to Lerner and her team – but it simply chose not to.

Lerner’s response to this news?

Perfect.
    Would one be concerned about Congress seeing emails or chats if there was not something in them that was inappropriate ... and, in the case of the IRS, downright illegal?

As it is, simply not saving those intra-agency records is downright illegal. Someone, somewhere decided that chat records would not be preserved. Someone decided to break a law.

Koskinen also knows something already that is not yet public:
    And there likely are more bombshells to come. IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, also testifying Wednesday, indicated more emails would be released and said, “I’m sure some of those will be interesting to people.”
    I wonder if he's throwing out some red herring. With the arrogance he displayed in his early testimony, it seems out of character for him to use that wording, unless he's snickering up his sleeve.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com