The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate v. Disagreement

Default Hate v. Disagreement

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...9060/page/full
    In a post a little while ago (I don't remember on which thread), I said that I really am offended by arbitrarily being considered a racist ... or whatever "hater" label is being used on any given day ... simply because of an opinion on a given topic.

This author expands on that thought. Disagreement does not equal hate. Those who would make us believe that they do are the ones who nurture hate the most. Hate has never proven to help any society.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Times have sure changed in six years time. Obama promised change... and we got it.

If you don't like it... yes... you will be labeled a hater or a racist.. Look what happened to Romney, that was sad in what they did to him..
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Romney brought it on himself. The list of gaffs is Bidenesque. Some of the torpedoes that sunk his ship were:
    1. The 47% remark.
    2. The wife's owning American cars--two Cadillacs in fact. (also implying he did not own American cars.)
    3. Describing himself as a "Severe Conservative" while his record was anything but.
    4. Running from his healthcare plan which was the Obamacare prototype.
    5. His lack of vision in where he wanted to take the country.

In the end he appeared as a poor little rich guy who would say anything to get elected. He came across as a better candidate for CEO of the Pat Boone Fan Club than POTUS.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Romney brought it on himself. The list of gaffs is Bidenesque. Some of the torpedoes that sunk his ship were:
    1. The 47% remark.
    2. The wife's owning American cars--two Cadillacs in fact. (also implying he did not own American cars.)
    3. Describing himself as a "Severe Conservative" while his record was anything but.

In the end he appeared as a poor little rich guy who would say anything to get elected. He came across as a better candidate for CEO of the Pat Boone Fan Club than POTUS.
    and all of which would be an improvement over the Kenyan. There is a reason odumba$$ is polling as worst president in 70 years, and why many of you liberals have buyers remorse.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

1. The 47% remark.

I wasn't a huge Romney fan, but I sure think we would be better off today if he had been elected. As to your points, I don't dispute that he wasn't able to communicate very well. However, the 47% remark was easy to demagogue, but true, nevertheless. His (with a state legislature controlled by the opposing party, it's difficult to call it his. That's like Clinton's welfare reform) health care plan was perfect for the state level. The states are test labs and if other states wanted to follow suit, that would have been an option. If it didn't work out, only MA had to deal with the consequences. That's the way these things should work. Transferring that idea from the state level to the federal level was a bad idea, but it was easy to demagogue. All they had to do is call it "Romneycare", which was a term never heard of until he ran for President. It was easy to brand him a hypocrite based on his position. He's never been a "severe conservative". I'm not sure exactly what that term means and I never heard him use it, but if he said that, I agree that it was probably untrue. I also agree that he did not communicate a vision that our ADHD society could understand.
    Neither did Obama. But his voters are the kind that vote from emotion and "Hope and Change" sounds like a good plan. His few actual campaign promises sounded good to the far left, but like many politicians, he wasn't able to follow through on most of them. Fortunately for him, his "rock star messiah" image kept those who voted for him in denial long enough for him to win a second election. Now we are all seeing the consequences. Foreign policy a mess, domestic policy a mess, immigration a mess, and the Executive Branch out of control. A President that acts and speaks like a spoiled brat who can't get his way. It embarrasses me each time he speaks. He doesn't understand leadership or statesmanship. He's just a two-bit political operative who has Peter Principle'ed himself into the most powerful position in the world and has absolutely no concept of how to deal with it.
    We elected a man who's only leadership experience was on a college newspaper.
    We elected a man who's only experience in political office was a term in a state legislature and part of a term as a Senator.
    We elected a man who's only real job was as a junior professor.
    Who could possibly look at his resume and hire him to run anything? Evidently half of my fellow Americans. And that is very scary.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Back to the OP...

That is a tactic, Gerry. It is used to quell debate and basically shut you up. Straight out of Alinsky.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Back to the OP...

That is a tactic, Gerry. It is used to quell debate and basically shut you up. Straight out of Alinsky.
    And Romney was fearful of being labeled a racist, so he really never took the gloves off and went after Obama... Any White candidate running against the first Black President in our History had to tread lightly....

One would have to think the Republican's had better put up a women or minority this next election to stand a chance against Mrs. Clinton. If she gets elected the only happy campers are going to be the Arms Industry. She is going to do everything possible to "Fix" the Second Amendment.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    I wasn't a huge Romney fan, but I sure think we would be better off today if he had been elected. As to your points, I don't dispute that he wasn't able to communicate very well. However, the 47% remark was easy to demagogue, but true, nevertheless. His (with a state legislature controlled by the opposing party, it's difficult to call it his. That's like Clinton's welfare reform) health care plan was perfect for the state level. The states are test labs and if other states wanted to follow suit, that would have been an option. If it didn't work out, only MA had to deal with the consequences. That's the way these things should work. Transferring that idea from the state level to the federal level was a bad idea, but it was easy to demagogue. All they had to do is call it "Romneycare", which was a term never heard of until he ran for President. It was easy to brand him a hypocrite based on his position. He's never been a "severe conservative". I'm not sure exactly what that term means and I never heard him use it, but if he said that, I agree that it was probably untrue. I also agree that he did not communicate a vision that our ADHD society could understand.
    Neither did Obama. But his voters are the kind that vote from emotion and "Hope and Change" sounds like a good plan. His few actual campaign promises sounded good to the far left, but like many politicians, he wasn't able to follow through on most of them. Fortunately for him, his "rock star messiah" image kept those who voted for him in denial long enough for him to win a second election. Now we are all seeing the consequences. Foreign policy a mess, domestic policy a mess, immigration a mess, and the Executive Branch out of control. A President that acts and speaks like a spoiled brat who can't get his way. It embarrasses me each time he speaks. He doesn't understand leadership or statesmanship. He's just a two-bit political operative who has Peter Principle'ed himself into the most powerful position in the world and has absolutely no concept of how to deal with it.
    We elected a man who's only leadership experience was on a college newspaper.
    We elected a man who's only experience in political office was a term in a state legislature and part of a term as a Senator.
    We elected a man who's only real job was as a junior professor.
    Who could possibly look at his resume and hire him to run anything? Evidently half of my fellow Americans. And that is very scary.
    That's the way things happen in a democracy. The majority wins (when you don't have hanging chads). The quality of candidates from both parties leave something to be desired. You often get in position of holding your nose and making your choice. But then the nation has been so hysterically critical of the POTUSs the last last half century, you are not going to get anyone of sterling credentials to take the abuse that comes with the job.

In a democracy, you must endure the choice of your fellow citizens. In the end you are going to win some, lose some--we all have been there. If you lose you can spend your time whining, grousing and pouting in the pity corner --which serves no useful purpose. Or, you can suck it up, analyze what went wrong, hone your message and come out swinging in the next round.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-06-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

That's the way things happen in a democracy. The majority wins (when you don't have hanging chads). The quality of candidates from both parties leave something to be desired. You often get in position of holding your nose and making your choice. But then the nation has been so hysterically critical of the POTUSs the last last half century, you are not going to get anyone of sterling credentials to take the abuse that comes with the job.

In a democracy, you must endure the choice of your fellow citizens. In the end you are going to win some, lose some--we all have been there. If you lose you can spend your time whining, grousing and pouting in the pity corner --which serves no useful purpose. Or, you can suck it up, analyze what went wrong, hone your message and come out swinging in the next round.
    Ironic??!!??!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    And Romney was fearful of being labeled a racist, so he really never took the gloves off and went after Obama... Any White candidate running against the first Black President in our History had to tread lightly....

One would have to think the Republican's had better put up a women or minority this next election to stand a chance against Mrs. Clinton. If she gets elected the only happy campers are going to be the Arms Industry. She is going to do everything possible to "Fix" the Second Amendment.
    Her husband learned that lesson the hard way. She is pandering to Oduma$$es base whom she will need to get elected with her anti second amendment rhetoric, and if she is elected congress still wont have the stomach for a second amendment fight.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)