The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate v. Disagreement

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...9060/page/full
    In a post a little while ago (I don't remember on which thread), I said that I really am offended by arbitrarily being considered a racist ... or whatever "hater" label is being used on any given day ... simply because of an opinion on a given topic.

This author expands on that thought. Disagreement does not equal hate. Those who would make us believe that they do are the ones who nurture hate the most. Hate has never proven to help any society.
    Folks hid behind disagreement, but when you listen to them, their disagreement steps all over their rights. Listen to the disagreements and you may see why it is interpreted as hate. I'm sure that no one on here really hates, but others have different freedoms that want to enjoy like you do

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    And Romney was fearful of being labeled a racist, so he really never took the gloves off and went after Obama... Any White candidate running against the first Black President in our History had to tread lightly....

One would have to think the Republican's had better put up a women or minority this next election to stand a chance against Mrs. Clinton. If she gets elected the only happy campers are going to be the Arms Industry. She is going to do everything possible to "Fix" the Second Amendment.
    That way of thinking is what has the R's in the mess they are in. They need to be willing to stand up, tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. How has they cowardly way worked for them?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That way of thinking is what has the R's in the mess they are in. They need to be willing to stand up, tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. How has they cowardly way worked for them?
    The Republicans need more bus drivers and busses!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Folks hid behind disagreement, but when you listen to them, their disagreement steps all over their rights. Listen to the disagreements and you may see why it is interpreted as hate. I'm sure that no one on here really hates, but others have different freedoms that want to enjoy like you do
    That's a pretty bold statement. As for me, there are folks in this world that I wouldn't even begin to go for the brake if they stepped off the curb in front of me, and plenty whose passing will bring a gentle smile to my lips.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement. As for me, there are folks in this world that I wouldn't even begin to go for the brake if they stepped off the curb in front of me, and plenty whose passing will bring a gentle smile to my lips.
    I was giving you the benefit of the doubt...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    One would have to think the Republican's had better put up a women or minority this next election to stand a chance against Mrs. Clinton. .
    let me type this slowly so you will understand 44.

1. if you think barack obama getting 94% of the highest ever turnout of the black demographic in the last election was extreme, just wait until you see the number and percentage of black voters who turn out to VOTE AGAINST any "uncle tom" who accepted a republican nomination. i suggest you get to know some black folk. it will help you understand why what you propose wouldn't help republicans in a national election.

2. women, particularly white women have become more and more single issue voters. 64% of the white female demographic voted for barack obama and similar numbers for clinton. i submit that any woman nominated as a republican would be hated and despised by white women and even more so by most news organizations. even if the republicans nominated a "pro choice" female she would be portrayed in the news and by comedians as "too stupid", "lacking experience", etc. to be potus. women are "catty", they would vote for clinton because "it's democrat, it's traditionally good for women". they would never admit it but they would look at a female republican nominee through "uncle tom" glasses too. this is not a good idea.

3. if a hispanic candidate were nominated as a republican it would likely swing the hispanic vote some. not enough to win, but some. this wouldn't help with women or blacks.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    let me type this slowly so you will understand 44.

1. if you think barack obama getting 94% of the highest ever turnout of the black demographic in the last election was extreme, just wait until you see the number and percentage of black voters who turn out to VOTE AGAINST any "uncle tom" who accepted a republican nomination. i suggest you get to know some black folk. it will help you understand why what you propose wouldn't help republicans in a national election.

2. women, particularly white women have become more and more single issue voters. 64% of the white female demographic voted for barack obama and similar numbers for clinton. i submit that any woman nominated as a republican would be hated and despised by white women and even more so by most news organizations. even if the republicans nominated a "pro choice" female she would be portrayed in the news and by comedians as "too stupid", "lacking experience", etc. to be potus. women are "catty", they would vote for clinton because "it's democrat, it's traditionally good for women". they would never admit it but they would look at a female republican nominee through "uncle tom" glasses too. this is not a good idea.

3. if a hispanic candidate were nominated as a republican it would likely swing the hispanic vote some. not enough to win, but some. this wouldn't help with women or blacks.
    So what you are saying then is we should all resign ourselves to the fact Hillary will be the next POTUS if she decides to run, and in that case we may as well not even bother going to the polls.

Well alrighty then........
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    So what you are saying then is we should all resign ourselves to the fact Hillary will be the next POTUS if she decides to run, and in that case we may as well not even bother going to the polls.

Well alrighty then........
    I don't agree with that. I say stop trying to out-lib the libs. They have the market cornered on that. Be a conservative and don't freaking apologize for it. Stand up for your principles. And tell the press to go to hell whe the ask dumbass questions. Take charge of the process instead of letting the process own them.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't agree with that. I say stop trying to out-lib the libs. They have the market cornered on that. Be a conservative and don't freaking apologize for it. Stand up for your principles. And tell the press to go to hell whe the ask dumbass questions. Take charge of the process instead of letting the process own them.
    I don't agree with it either, I was being facetious - reading comprehension
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

freeze,
    republicans must nominate a bad ass, white dude who aint afraid to treat white women poorly and not apologize for doing so. then if he is asked, make sure he will lie under oath about it. the white female demo loves this stuff! if the nominee can have had at least one documented affair with a black woman then he will also break into the black female vote, count on it.

this nominee also needs to also make terrorism on the north american continent a big debatable issue and ensure white women know he, and only he is "man enough" to stop it.(the only thing more important to white women than allowing others to abort their babies is having someone they trust to protect their own babies from threat, real or percieved) these threats can swing a few soccer moms.

he needs to stand when nominated at the convention and say, "47% of you are not going to vote for me. you are takers and though i will represent you, i don't need your vote. i am here for the ambitious, working american. when 53% of american voters become richer in the next four years because of me, we can take better care of the rest of you lazy bastards anyway!"

as i have said before, he could also perform a late term abortion on a nationally televised barbara walters special too! great with white women but risky with the base.
    john mccallie