The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Border Patrol Agent Contracts Scabies...

  1. #1
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default Border Patrol Agent Contracts Scabies...

    Late Friday, San Diego’s Local 1613 of the National Border Patrol Council issued a press release announcing a Border Patrol Agent had contracted scabies in connection with the transfer of detained illegal unaccompanied alien children from Texas’ Rio Grande Valley.
    The press release stated, “Public safety is our number one concern.”
    Comments went on to note previous concerns that the union had expressed over agent exposure to illness.
    The short release reported, “Despite following proper protocol, sometime during routine processing of the first group of 140 illegal immigrants from Texas, a Border Patrol Agent did contract scabies; this was confirmed by a physician.”
    The notice closed with, “We are doing everything possible to mitigate the exposure.”
    On June 29 NBPC Local 1613 released protocols for agents in light of arrivals of unaccompanied illegal alien children for the purpose of preserving the safety of agents as well as detainees according to its website.
    One of the eleven protocols listed was, “All detainees should be given vaccinations before being released into the communities.” A subsection of the second protocol regarding tuberculosis testing stated, “we will be working with the agency to get occupational health out to provide testing.”
    The name of the officer who contracted the infectious skin condition was not released.
    Bill Davis

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    That is all we have heard about. I'm sure they are being exposed to all sorts of great things (and potentially us eventually) like TB.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Late Friday, San Diego’s Local 1613 of the National Border Patrol Council issued a press release announcing a Border Patrol Agent had contracted scabies in connection with the transfer of detained illegal unaccompanied alien children from Texas’ Rio Grande Valley.
    The press release stated, “Public safety is our number one concern.”
    Comments went on to note previous concerns that the union had expressed over agent exposure to illness.
    The short release reported, “Despite following proper protocol, sometime during routine processing of the first group of 140 illegal immigrants from Texas, a Border Patrol Agent did contract scabies; this was confirmed by a physician.”
    The notice closed with, “We are doing everything possible to mitigate the exposure.”
    On June 29 NBPC Local 1613 released protocols for agents in light of arrivals of unaccompanied illegal alien children for the purpose of preserving the safety of agents as well as detainees according to its website.
    One of the eleven protocols listed was, “All detainees should be given vaccinations before being released into the communities.” A subsection of the second protocol regarding tuberculosis testing stated, “we will be working with the agency to get occupational health out to provide testing.”
    The name of the officer who contracted the infectious skin condition was not released.
    american kids contract scabies and lice all the time. Did they hav a physician check the kids to see which ones were infected with the bugs. It could be possible that the agent got them from his/her own children that got them at daycare. Just a thiught.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    american kids contract scabies and lice all the time. Did they hav a physician check the kids to see which ones were infected with the bugs. It could be possible that the agent got them from his/her own children that got them at daycare. Just a thiught.
    Yes, we are not bug free and your theory is plausible, but doubtful
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  5. #5
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    american kids contract scabies and lice all the time. Did they hav a physician check the kids to see which ones were infected with the bugs. It could be possible that the agent got them from his/her own children that got them at daycare. Just a thiught.
    Well, his union (liberal) put out the press release... I doubt if they would have done that if the mans family already had it. This is the same administration that is threatening doctors and nurses helping the illegals if they say anything about their deplorable health...
    Bill Davis

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    This follows the Principle of Least Astonishment. It goes like this ... a BP agent who has been processing immigrant children has contracted scabies. The source could be his own children of the immigrant children. Which solution would cause you the least astonishment.

    Whether the BP agent even has children would also have to cranked in to the equation.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  7. #7
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Clearly caution should be used when handling these children and I don't think he got it from his own children. However, we have dirty children in this country in all races. I don't see that many Hispanics not taking good care of their children. This white trash that lives out around me is sickening.

  8. #8
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Clearly caution should be used when handling these children and I don't think he got it from his own children. However, we have dirty children in this country in all races. I don't see that many Hispanics not taking good care of their children. This white trash that lives out around me is sickening.
    OK, but we are not letting more of them cross the border by the hundreds of thousands and then spreading them all over the country...
    Bill Davis

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    OK, but we are not letting more of them cross the border by the hundreds of thousands and then spreading them all over the country...
    We aren't, Bill? last I looked at the news we are. Its a completly open and lawless southern border. We need the military deployed to the border, rather than bringing in riot control like they are in Marrietta California to quell any opposition to the mass invasion by these cockroaches. Our government is sickening to where the priorities lie.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  10. #10
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    We aren't, Bill? last I looked at the news we are. Its a completly open and lawless southern border. We need the military deployed to the border, rather than bringing in riot control like they are in Marrietta California to quell any opposition to the mass invasion by these cockroaches. Our government is sickening to where the priorities lie.
    I'm talking about the white trash that live next to menmon... Reading comprehension...
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •