The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We ran our 1st trial!!!!

Default We ran our 1st trial!!!!

This past weekend me n my boy ran our very first trial. We ran the derby n boy did we have a blast. He ran a pretty nice trial and we jammed!!! I think a couple minor things hurt us in the end but overall I was very happy. There was 28 dogs n some very nice animals running. I've had so much help from so many people , I just want to say thank you and that we rnt done yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by younggun86 View Post
    This past weekend me n my boy ran our very first trial. We ran the derby n boy did we have a blast. He ran a pretty nice trial and we jammed!!! I think a couple minor things hurt us in the end but overall I was very happy. There was 28 dogs n some very nice animals running. I've had so much help from so many people , I just want to say thank you and that we rnt done yet!!
    The difference between 1st and a JAM in the derby can be very slight, a squiggle here a hook there. To JAM your first derby is huge, that means you have a "player" a dog that finishes trials, that is a big deal. Congratulations!

Here is a picture of us afterwards. This was also my very first trial
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats! Way to go......the hook has been set, enjoy the ride.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Congratulations! Nice accomplishment on your first try!
    Paula

HR Dixie's Southern Comfort IV, MH

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is it will not be needed until they try to take it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by younggun86 View Post
    I remember my my 1st licensed trial - Snake River RC, Blackfoot ID - 1965 - the alfalfa fields -
    Single flyer - no no birds - my dogs bird is directly behind the guns - previous week we had worked
    on going to shore early so had no desire to be near the guns - So he proceeded to chase
    seagulls - the sport has come a long way since that time -

Have a good time with your dog - they are your best friend & our time with them is short!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Congrats! I hope to be in your shoes this fall or early spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post
    Congrats! Way to go......the hook has been set, enjoy the ride.
    x2, he doesn't know it yet, he's still runnin with hook,line and sinker down his throat!!!
    Awesome, that first greenie in your first trial is like BLUE. Keep it up!
    Gregg Leonard

Tremblin Earth's Touch of Choclate "Reese" QA2 FC/AFC Land Ahoy "Pirate" X Baypoints Dream Maker QA2
    Red Squad's Blue on Black "Jesse" MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squad's Fifty Caliber "Sniper" QAA NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squad's Bad Girlfriend "Tinker"FC/AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squad's Element Of Surprise "Chica" ​NFC-AFC Maxx's Surprise X Red Squad's Blue On Black MH QA2

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    The difference between 1st and a JAM in the derby can be very slight, a squiggle here a hook there. To JAM your first derby is huge, that means you have a "player" a dog that finishes trials, that is a big deal. Congratulations!
    I train with Loran and yes he has a player. His dog has come a long, long way in the few months that he has had formal FT training. Loran is hooked good now!! Congrats my friend!! See you tomorrow.

Congrats! I hope to be chasing derbies next spring!