The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Obama's Katrina Moment

My .02 but I believe he should have went to the border. Better yet, go put him in a deer stand in Laredo and let him watch the lines of illegals crossing in front of his very eyes. Let him see the mess they are causing in the area. Let him see the crime that most, not all, committ when they reach our country. So yes IMO, seeing is believing. I have talked to several people about the issue and none of them realized the seriousness of the situation. I took two of them to the ranch with me and needless to say they were speechless. Even went to town a few nights and they didnt know what to think. Its a lot trashier than what it used to be.

PS...Freezeland, you and I have puppies out of the same litter I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Gerry, you have voiced some strong opinions on this issue. And I'm sure you believe your opinions are well founded.

Have YOU been to the border? What did you learn on YOUR trip to the border that you didn't already know from Pennsylvania?

JS
    This board is so rife with fallacious arguments.

False Equivalency Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I think the issue here is that the POTUS so often seems so "isolated" from the reality facts of the results of his policies that seeing something first-hand would make it more real to him?

It's easy to have his staff report to him (or for us to read about this from a distance), but quiet another to see hundreds of people who are jammed into cramped quarters as these people are. The border guards mentioning the odor from the buildings might begin to give us an idea.

I guess it's similar to when congress or POTUS sends young men and women into a war. Unless those who determine having those wars have also served in battle, it is hard for them to envision just how serious the results of their votes are. Part of our problem with the ruling elite is that too few of them have experienced being really poor, being on a battlefield, doing back-breaking manual labor, having their lives threatened ... basically, truly relating to the people whom their policies impact. Term limits could help assure that those people are not forever isolated and insulated from the real world outside the Beltway.
    Like I said before I do not want him to feel more compelled to "help" these people. Just quickly get them on a plane and send them on their way. I personally think that folks are trying to make some political hay with it and he would have been blasted even more if he had visited, so I don't really blame him for opting out.

With the influx of kids coming in there needs to be an expedited court to send them back to their country, if not the removal of the law that requires a court hearing. Open warrants need to be issued for their parents in our country so if they are here or ever come they start off with child abuse charges. I would like start to cutting back to aid in these countries to help pay for their "Humanitarian Crisis" and to encourage them from allowing them to come in the first place. There also needs to be new laws that target employers who hire illegals and a jail time option for hiring managers that hire them.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    Freezeland, you and I have puppies out of the same litter I believe.
    Your pup from Marty in Galveston?
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

You guys act as if this problem just started.

So you think we should just let them die in the desert on their way home?

You want to police the border. This comes with it. In the past they made it in illegally. Now that we are policing the border better, they are not so we have to do something with them. You didn't think that through too well.

Mike - of course illegal immigration didn't just start. But it sure as hell has increased 10 fold since the coyote in chief inacted his version of the dream act via executive fiat right before the 2012 general election. And no we don't let em die on their way home, on the way here cause then it ain't our problem.......

This BS about Obama doing something to cause the surge of immigrants is just a lie that stuck because people want to blame him. Kind of like the death panels....Lies

Now the reality is human traffickers fed this a bill of goods to profit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    This BS about Obama doing something to cause the surge of immigrants is just a lie that stuck because people want to blame him. Kind of like the death panels....Lies

Now the reality is human traffickers fed this a bill of goods to profit from them.
    Yes, sure. What ever you say Mike.

Obama did it. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You guys act as if this problem just started.

So you think we should just let them die in the desert on their way home?

You want to police the border. This comes with it. In the past they made it in illegally. Now that we are policing the border better, they are not so we have to do something with them. You didn't think that through too well.
    You make some great points. I am certain the money is needed to process these folks and house them during that time. It should not be so hard to send kids home to their parents. There was a law from the early 90's that requires that children get a refuge court appointment, because of all the things that were happening there at that time. I do not understand why they do not put sunset provisions on these laws. I think that law can be done away with now and we ought to be able to ship them back even as soon as they day they arrive.

Traffickers are spreading disinformation about how the need to get to the US is now to guarantee citizenship. Considering what is being discussed nationally that makes for a plausible scam. People are foolish enough to believe it. It might be a good idea to help these areas to develop and slow the flow of illegals by decreasing demand. We are not normally so prudent to be proactive in nonviolent ways.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."