The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 203

Thread: Not Obama's Katrina Moment

  1. #41
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    So I understand that like everything that has happened on Obama's watch, it's Bush's fault. We all get that. I just don't quite get how all of a sudden there's been this huge uptick of unaccompanied minor illegal aliens since 2012. Was there a 4-year delay written into the legislation? Or is it jsut possible that this had something to do with it?
    On June 15, 2012, President Barack Obama announced that his administration would stop deporting young illegal aliens who match certain criteria previously proposed under the DREAM ACT
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Slam dunk #40 -Mngundog ! Be careful we can not let facts interfere w/the passion of others. Some want their cake but eat it all as well. We have 10,000 illegal Irish in Massachusetts and no politician here will touch it.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Danbury, TX
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Do you really not get my point? I'll try again.

    Since it seems many here, and elsewhere are making such a big deal that the POTUS has not made a trip to the border and therefore he can not possibly be well-informed of the situation, my obvious question is, "How can those of you criticizing him have such strong opinions, and how can you believe YOU have a clue, if you yourselves have not been to the border.

    Seems like an obvious question. The critics can know what's going on without "going to the border" but the POTUS, with a staff of people feeding him information, can't????

    JS
    I've been there and still go there often and whatever his staff is telling him apparently isn't working because it isn't getting better! So you would think he could take time out of his vacation schedule to take his butt to the border for a few days to see first hand. And yes first hand makes a big difference because you know as well as I do second hand information isn't always correct!

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Slam dunk #40 -Mngundog ! Be careful we can not let facts interfere w/the passion of others. Some want their cake but eat it all as well. We have 10,000 illegal Irish in Massachusetts and no politician here will touch it.
    Yes, it was a great law. Especially the part about its sole purpose was to stop sex trafficking of minor children. Must have been a huge influx of sick horny a$$hole pedifiles in to central america since the law was signed by Bush. Thanks for the reminder that the current invasion by illegal alien children has nothing to do with Odummy enacting his version of the dream act through executive fiat.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  5. #45
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    I've been there and still go there often and whatever his staff is telling him apparently isn't working because it isn't getting better! So you would think he could take time out of his vacation schedule to take his butt to the border for a few days to see first hand. And yes first hand makes a big difference because you know as well as I do second hand information isn't always correct!
    OK, I agree. Second hand information isn't always correct. But apparently it's correct enough for so many critics to be so vocal about their strong second hand opinions.

    So, since you "go there often", tell us what it is he would see. The POTUS could sit in a tree stand as someone suggested, for a week and not see 10,000 immigrants crossing illegally. So how would anything he sees give him a better understanding of the problem?

    Don't get me wrong ... I'm not making light of the situation. I just get a little irritated with those who incessantly post criticism of every move Obama makes from behind there keyboard and yet are getting most of their "information" from Fox fairandbalanced. Maybe before posting so much criticism, they themselves should go see firsthand. That's all. Does that not make sense?

    JS
    Last edited by JS; 07-11-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Danbury, TX
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    OK, I agree. Second hand information isn't always correct. But apparently it's correct enough for so many critics to be so vocal about their strong second hand opinions.

    So, since you "go there often", tell us what it is he would see. The POTUS could sit in a tree stand as someone suggested, for a week and not see 10,000 immigrants crossing illegally. So how would anything he sees give him a better understanding of the problem?

    Don't get me wrong ... I'm not making light of the situation. I just get a little irritated with those who incessantly post criticism of every move Obama makes from behind there keyboard and yet are getting most of their "information" from Fox fairandbalanced. Maybe before posting so much criticism, they themselves should go see firsthand. That's all. Does that not make sense?

    JS
    Go read my previous posts in this thread, I stated there what he would see. Crime rates increase, trashing the city, more drug flow, not to mention all the damage they do to the ranches they are crossing through, such as cutting fences, burning campers, stealing vehicles, breaking into ranch houses and leaving them a mess. We use to leave water and can goods on the porch so they wouldnt tear things up while we werent there. It worked when I was a kid and through my teenage years but now they dont care. They still try to loot anything they can from the premises. I posted about him sitting in a deer blind and seeing the illegals cross in front of his very eyes. Its so bad that border patrol has put identification tags on each deer stand so you can call and report the illegals when you see them. I have been in the area since I was a kid so yeah i know first hand what it's like. I usually dont get involved in discussions like this but when you do have first knowledge and see the leader of our country downplay it, I then get involved. I agree, send everyone down to see first hand, I wish more people would. I wish every leader in this country would come down to see it, maybe then something will get done. With that being said though, I support the naysayers and the people who have not seen it first hand because of one reason...they are right! I dont care what president did what in previous years. He is in charge now, stand up, be a man and get something accomplished without ridding us hard working taxpayers of another 3 billion dollars.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Freezeland #44 - The 2008 law shows how the best intentions of some can go very wrong when viewed by others who see loopholes. Obama's stupidities stand on their own but even now both Dems and Repubs do not want to alter the 2008 law w/the apparent fallout. They too want their cake and eat it ! So thousands will come , find their illegal relatives, at best 20% show up (ICE stats) for their hearings , and according to a WSJ article today at best 25% of these youngsters get deported. Welcome to America.

  8. #48
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Do you really not get my point? I'll try again.

    Since it seems many here, and elsewhere are making such a big deal that the POTUS has not made a trip to the border and therefore he can not possibly be well-informed of the situation, my obvious question is, "How can those of you criticizing him have such strong opinions, and how can you believe YOU have a clue, if you yourselves have not been to the border.

    Seems like an obvious question. The critics can know what's going on without "going to the border" but the POTUS, with a staff of people feeding him information, can't????

    JS
    OK,
    I grew up ON the border. My first hunting experiences were dove hunting when I was about 7 on land farmed by some family friends that was between the levee and the border. When I was in grad school, I sent my first dog across the Rio Grande to retrieve a bird that fell in Mexico. My mom moved out of Brownsville just two years ago July 1st. My in-laws just moved out of the Rio-Grande Valley last fall. I still live less than 125 miles north of the border. If you were watching Hannity last night you would have seen the interview with Dr Vickers DVM. I know him and saw him just a couple of months ago at Aggie Muster. I was in Brownsville six weeks or so ago. Do I have the credentials you require? Oh, my father-in-law worked on the bridge in Brownsville as an Ag inspector for 20+ years.

    Would you believe me if I told you things are worse now on the border than they were 20 yrs ago, 10yrs ago, 5yrs ago, etc.? Could I maybe, have a pretty good idea of what the conditions are? Maybe?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Freezeland #44 - The 2008 law shows how the best intentions of some can go very wrong when viewed by others who see loopholes. Obama's stupidities stand on their own but even now both Dems and Repubs do not want to alter the 2008 law w/the apparent fallout. They too want their cake and eat it ! So thousands will come , find their illegal relatives, at best 20% show up (ICE stats) for their hearings , and according to a WSJ article today at best 25% of these youngsters get deported. Welcome to America.
    Its a friggin mess, Obama never should have enacted his version of the dream act. We are living the consequences of that stupidity. The military needs to secure the border at this point.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  10. #50
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    Go read my previous posts in this thread, I stated there what he would see. Crime rates increase, trashing the city, more drug flow, not to mention all the damage they do to the ranches they are crossing through, such as cutting fences, burning campers, stealing vehicles, breaking into ranch houses and leaving them a mess. We use to leave water and can goods on the porch so they wouldnt tear things up while we werent there. It worked when I was a kid and through my teenage years but now they dont care. They still try to loot anything they can from the premises. I posted about him sitting in a deer blind and seeing the illegals cross in front of his very eyes. Its so bad that border patrol has put identification tags on each deer stand so you can call and report the illegals when you see them. I have been in the area since I was a kid so yeah i know first hand what it's like.
    I hear what you're saying. I spend 3 months a year in Texas training. Not on the border, but close enough to hear all the chatter. And all these things you describe are on the evening MSM news and have been for years. I agree, seeing something first hand, makes a little more impact but most of the critics have NOT seen it first hand either, and the POTUS has a little more insight to all the complexities than the average Joe.

    And I believe if you watch FOX regularly, you will see the worst of the worst.


    I usually dont get involved in discussions like this but when you do have first knowledge and see the leader of our country downplay it, I then get involved. I agree, send everyone down to see first hand, I wish more people would. I wish every leader in this country would come down to see it, maybe then something will get done. With that being said though, I support the naysayers and the people who have not seen it first hand because of one reason...they are right! I dont care what president did what in previous years. He is in charge now, stand up, be a man and get something accomplished without ridding us hard working taxpayers of another 3 billion dollars.
    I repeat, I'm not making light of all this. I just believe there is no easy, realistic solution. And like most problems, everyone wants it fixed yesterday but if someone suggests it may take more funding ... AKA taxpayers' hard-earned money ... then that person is labeled a "tax-and-spend Liberal". Maybe if all the outspoken critics would actually go down there and put in a couple shifts patrolling the border, we could have this turned around in a couple weeks.

    JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •