The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Way to go Criquetpas!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now... Everyone that wants to screw around with co-ownership rules would mess up a nice group of friends and training partners like this. Guys that work and train their own dogs.
    Yes have co-owned just about every dog I have had that amounted to anything. Good way for "working folks" to share expenses..you have to lay egos aside , take mutual credit, do your share of work , and agree NOT to collect dogs if the dog doesn't pan out. My co-owners have been electricians, daughter, public school teachers, cops (me) , pipefitters, welders, carpenters , A gun club owner (former telephone man) etc. It isn't all some "seedy" sinster thing by folks who are trying to work the retriever system!
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now... Everyone that wants to screw around with co-ownership rules would mess up a nice group of friends and training partners like this. Guys that work and train their own dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    Yes have co-owned just about every dog I have had that amounted to anything. Good way for "working folks" to share expenses..you have to lay egos aside , take mutual credit, do your share of work , and agree NOT to collect dogs if the dog doesn't pan out. My co-owners have been electricians, daughter, public school teachers, cops (me) , pipefitters, welders, carpenters , A gun club owner (former telephone man) etc. It isn't all some "seedy" sinster thing by folks who are trying to work the retriever system!
    But that happens, all to often. No one is making any money from this kind of deal or stealing placings from true Amateurs
    with this kind of deal. We ran each others dogs when I was in MT as a working stiff.

I could go through a whole lot of deals that are not on the up & up , & I'm sure you could to.

If you want to continue doing what you do it behooves you to come up with a workable solution .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Nice job Chris and Earl.

Good guys, both. Congratulations.

Looking forward to judging with you again, Earl.

Bob Swift