RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Converted Gooseneck Trailer to Dog Trailer

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sporting Dogs 
#1 ·
53 years old and just getting back into training... mostly meat dogs but will attend HRC hunt test as well... I train alone with one bird boy... ten dogs max...
When I ran HRC before, I hated the fact that you sit in the heat and cold waiting to run... I'm thinking about converting a smaller horse trailer with a small living area with AC and adding dog boxes and storage in the rear..
Anyone have any pros and cons...
Just trying to make up my mind...
I'll be watching football in the AC while waiting to run my dog....
What you think.

#6 ·
Back in 1984 Cleo and I had a 5th wheel travel trailer and when I saw this thread it brought tears to my eyes, bringing up old memories that I had not thought of in years. One thing led to another and I started writing down words to jog my memory so I may some day write up some of the funny things we did in the EARLY days of Gator Point.

By the way, we used to travel with 6 dogs in wire crates in that trailer, as I had just retired and that was the total of Gator Point at that time. Damn, but we've had fun, hope I can find the time to write it all down (well, some of it anyways). We have been truly blessed with all these Brown dogs along the way. Thanks, Bill

#8 ·
Don't give them any ideas. Pretty soon they will start entering 120 dogs in each hunt test and scratching them just so they will have time to sit in the AC and watch football every weekend. :)

Seriously, it is not a bad idea. One of those horse trailers with a small living area I see down at Cooper Black all the time really wouldn't be much bigger than many of the big gooseneck trailers some pros have just for dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.