The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura suit aginst dead Navy Seal !

Default Jesse Ventura suit aginst dead Navy Seal !

charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

pathetic ...
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

not to pick nits,
    but wouldn't you think that if somebody was worried about deformation of character.
    that first they must have character, instead of just being a character?
    seems somebody that was a fake wrestler and a politician is already about equal to a snakes belly in a wagon rut.
    he thinks this will lower his image some more???
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ventura is an idiot! Sure shows a lot of class on his part. This suit has been going on for a couple of years and it is coming out into the open again because of the new movie Clint Eastwood is doing Chris Kyle
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danis View Post
    Ventura is an idiot! Sure shows a lot of class on his part. This suit has been going on for a couple of years and it is coming out into the open again because of the new movie Clint Eastwood is doing Chris Kyle
    Eastwood is one of the good guys in Hollywood.....
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Ventura has a skin as thin as an onion. That's what did him in as guv of this state.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Hard to believe he was a Navy Seal...

Now you have to ask yourself... why would Chris Kyle make this up? I did not know Chris Kyle except by his words in reading American Sniper... he came across a humble and told a credible account of his kills. He mentioned bar fights as a common occurrence as SEALS always get challenged. He left out names in the book...

Somehow I think Navy SEALS see Ventura as a joke today, and Chris Kyle did so also. All Ventura wants is money... he's been out of work for sometime... He wants to steal money from his widow, a very low thing to do. He himself is ruining his name/ brand.

What Glen Beck says
    http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/02/05/...ra-glenn-beck/
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 07-11-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Hard to believe he was a Navy Seal...

Now you have to ask yourself... why would Chris Kyle make this up? I did not know Chris Kyle except by his words in reading American Sniper... he came across a humble and told a credible account of his kills. He mentioned bar fights as a common occurrence as SEALS always get challenged. He left out names in the book...

Somehow I think Navy SEALS see Ventura as a joke today, and Chris Kyle did so also. All Ventura wants is money... he's been out of work for sometime... He wants to steal money from his widow, a very low thing to do. He himself is ruining his name/ brand.

What Glen Beck says
    http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/02/05/...ra-glenn-beck/
    Actually Ventura was a UDT man and tried to pass himself off as a SEAL, claiming that the training was the same and therefore he was a SEAL.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Actually Ventura was a UDT man and tried to pass himself off as a SEAL, claiming that the training was the same and therefore he was a SEAL.
    The UDT men were absorbed by the SEALS in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The UDT men were absorbed by the SEALS in 1983.
    Ventura (real name James George Janos) served in the navy 1969 to 1975 before the UDT was absorbed into the SEALS.

From the Wikipedia article on Ventura:
    Navy SEAL background controversy

Bill Salisbury, an attorney in San Diego and a former Navy SEAL officer, has accused Ventura of "pretending" to be a SEAL. He wrote that Ventura would be blurring an important distinction by claiming to be a SEAL when he was actually a frogman with the UDT. Compared to SEAL teams, UDTs saw less combat and took fewer casualties.[14][113]

Ventura has often implied that he was a SEAL, but has never stated it categorically. Bill Sainsbury described Ventura's Navy training thus:

[Ventura] took a screening test at boot camp to qualify for...Basic Underwater Demolition/seal (buds/s) training...Those who completed bud/s, when [Ventura] was in training, were sent to either a seal or an underwater demolition team. Graduation did not, however, authorize the trainee to call himself a seal or a udt frogman. He had to first successfully complete a six-month probationary period in the Teams.[114]

Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26-week SEAL Qualification Training. On completion of his BUD/S training, Ventura was assigned to a UDT team. In 1983, eight years after Ventura left the Navy, the UDTs were disbanded and those operators were retrained and retasked as SEALs.[113]

Some argue that since Ventura's BUD/S training was common to UDTs and SEALs, and the work of UDTs and SEALs was similar, he is entitled to call himself a SEAL in all but name, but others disagree and hold the view expressed by Bill Salisbury.

Responding to the controversy, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was a member of the UDT. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise.[14] Ventura stated, "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs, that's all it is", and dismissed the accusations of lying about being a SEAL as "much ado about nothing".[113]
    He also rode with a 1%-er motorcycle club the Mongols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols...rcycle_club%29
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Zeus