The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura suit aginst dead Navy Seal !

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Ventura (real name James George Janos) served in the navy 1969 to 1975 before the UDT was absorbed into the SEALS.

He also rode with a 1%-er motorcycle club the Mongols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongols...rcycle_club%29
    My point being if you were a you were a member of the UDT in 1982 you were most likely a on a SEAL team the next year, that is my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    My point being if you were a you were a member of the UDT in 1982 you were most likely a on a SEAL team the next year, that is my understanding of it.
    Maybe so, but, Ventura was long gone by that time.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Here is an interview of Jesse's brother by a retired SEAL. Both he and Jesse went through and served on the same team in UDT. Apparently the training was all identical, same program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzU4eZpcQk
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-11-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

In this interview we see how inappropriate Jesse Ventura was, slinging his anti-war mumbo jumbo while members of a Medal of Honor family were present in the bar...
    'Ventura says "You deserved to lose a few" according to Chris Kyle... and everyone knows the Ex Gov spoke out often about our involvement in Iraq....

What Ventura is not capible of seeing, he is ruining any oportunities for future employment, because he looks like a money grubbing old man.. Maybe he can't get past his true self.

I ask anyone to tell me why Chris Kyle would lie about this... it was such a small part of his book. Maybe a paragraph.. and no name was mentioned... I guess a jury could rule in favor of Ventura, but if the truth is the truth, why is it libel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDyAT1TVQ9Q
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Well its been three days without a verdict, the defense tried to get a mistrial after closing arguments, and a bunch of witnesses Kyle claimed watched the fight never surfaced, will be interesting to see how this plays out. Even if the fight didn't happen the way the book described, there is that little issue in proving malice which might be the sticking point at this time. Seems like Kyle may have embellished what happened.

One did but it is hard to tell what he really saw and heard.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ventura-trial/
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Looks like the jury is still deliberating but it doesn't look good for the Guv.

http://www.startribune.com/local/268448062.html
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

It sure is strange that the jury has been out so long... three days now... verdict has to be 100 % ... some must believe Ventura's version of that night... I've read the testimony of those siding with Chris Kyle... it should have been a no brainer ... Ventura got knocked down and was seen getting up with blood on his lip... and many reported he said the Seals deserved to lose a few...

Jessie must still have a few fans left in his home state on his side.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    It sure is strange that the jury has been out so long... three days now... verdict has to be 100 % ... some must believe Ventura's version of that night... I've read the testimony of those siding with Chris Kyle... it should have been a no brainer ... Ventura got knocked down and was seen getting up with blood on his lip... and many reported he said the Seals deserved to lose a few...

Jessie must still have a few fans left in his home state on his side.
    it only takes one if that one is on the jury...
    Bill Davis

How did Vetura get around the "public figure" issue as found in New York Times Co v Sullivan? An ex-Governor of a State, who basks in the limelight, to try to claim he's not a public figure is a pretty difficult case to make.
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 07-25-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge