The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The stock market--Democrats vs. Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    My economic acumen is quite limited, Marvin. Especially when compared to an investor such as yourself. That is why I have Merrill Lynch manage the lion's share of my investments, which, I am equally sure, is just "fooling around" money for one such as yourself. The rest I manage myself. It has been an extraordinary year for me, fortunately.

One ear to the ground, house of cards regards, Paul

Thank You Paul - Do you also drink Corona? I hope you have a good broker, it makes a world of difference.
    I just see no need to pay someone else to do what I can do myself equally well. Along the way some things
    have rubbed off so I manage to hit a good one on occasion. Having grown up on a dry land farm dependent
    on the weather gods for moisture & the subsequent yields I'm used to the ups & downs of the business world.

You have a nice day - We're having shot of that climate change thing - new records being set .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    With The Fed Reserve pumping some 60 billion a month in freshly minted dollars into buying bad investments from banks via QE3, where else would expect Wall St to put that money?

Afterall, the Fed is being backed by our largest Debt Holder, your Social Security!

House of Cards.
    The QE program will by definition end in inflation. At the end of the day inflation is, like the late Milton Friedman said, “a monetary phenomenon”….. Print enough of it and…..Zero rate policy cannot make up for the systemic failures of an over regulated uncertain business climate. At this point QE is little more than pushing on a string. As long as free heroin is provided investors may be “high” enough to drive the markets higher.

A quote from one of the business journals….forget which……Franco is exactly right. At this point O will try to drag it out as long as possible and then blame the crash on someone else…….Hillary maybe?
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

The Market is strong when it is legit... the Market is bad when it is corrupt. The Market is doing well right now because it is the only place to earn investment money.. If you put your money in a bank it is not keeping up with inflation.

If we allow the Market to become corrupt again, it will crash again. It's all about the faith investors have as to where the money is placed.

I use Baseball contracts to judge inflation... Today top players are looking to make $25 million a year... the best players in the 1950's made $100,000.00

It's not that players are better.... but the money is now less valued. And with all our debt, it will continue to devalue faster then ever... so that in ten years you will see a Ball Player making $50 Million a year.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    The QE program will by definition end in inflation. At the end of the day inflation is, like the late Milton Friedman said, “a monetary phenomenon”….. Print enough of it and…..Zero rate policy cannot make up for the systemic failures of an over regulated uncertain business climate. At this point QE is little more than pushing on a string. As long as free heroin is provided investors may be “high” enough to drive the markets higher.

A quote from one of the business journals….forget which……Franco is exactly right. At this point O will try to drag it out as long as possible and then blame the crash on someone else…….Hillary maybe?
    The Dow just smacked 17K, the fed just announced they will no longer be buying bonds with monopoly money,
    AAII (I think) posted in an e-mail that the bull has at least another year's run when the Dow & the Dow Transports
    hit new high at the same time.

When interest rates rise a %, the interest on 17 Tril is $170.000,000,000. Anyone have any idea where that
    will come from other than the ordinary folks who normally pay these things?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The dollar was just as weak if not weaker when Bush was president. There was lots of liquidity in the market then too, and yes that is a factor, but our liquidity is scattered all over the world.

The bond market, because of higher interest rates, kept money out of the market The dollar was going up as the market was tanking. Wait till the bond market has its little crash.

I hope BO isn't in office because he is incapable of dealing with the instability which it may create. Except with brute force.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 07-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The Dow just smacked 17K, the fed just announced they will no longer be buying bonds with monopoly money,
    AAII (I think) posted in an e-mail that the bull has at least another year's run when the Dow & the Dow Transports
    hit new high at the same time.

When interest rates rise a %, the interest on 17 Tril is $170.000,000,000. Anyone have any idea where that
    will come from other than the ordinary folks who normally pay these things
    ?
    That's the Catch 22. Interest rates needs to go up but we can't afford the additional interest on loans. Of course, they could also do another raid on Social Security since that is our largest Debt holder. International Bankers won't be satisfied until they are allowed to steel all of our SS. All the while the uneducated minions will be arguing over whether it's the fault of the Dems or Repubs!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    The bond market, because of higher interest rates, kept money out of the market The dollar was going up as the market was tanking. Wait till the bond market has its little crash.

I hope BO isn't in office because he is incapable of dealing with the instability which it may create. Except with brute force.
    He did a good job with the last one.

Then Georgie showed him the light with TARP if that's your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Then Georgie showed him the light with TARP if that's your theory.
    That was part of it.....the real heroes were Bernanke and Polson. Just remember the congressmen that opposed it. Might want to get red of them