The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 105

Thread: The stock market--Democrats vs. Republicans

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I know you dislike Krugman and everything he says is wrong in your book. But what I read above fits right in with what he calls the ignoramus strategy. All of the arguments I see come from the right side of the aisle completely disregard consumer demand. It's all about the job creators, with no consideration given to the fact that job creators are not going to create jobs in an economy lacking consumer demand, no mater how cheap the labor is.
    Buzz - Krugman .

    You cannot spend your way to prosperity!!!!! Somewhere, Someday, Someone has to pay the piper -
    The daughter you love so much is being saddled with your views & being asked to pay through Taxation
    without Representation at some time. Do you find that acceptable?

    Government should be the adult in the room & set the example -
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  2. #42
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    First: saving and investing are the same. You buying a MM is no different that purchasing stock, just different risk tolerance.

    Second: lower interest rates mean economy is strong because lower default risk. What you are confused with is inflation risk and that is when investor or savers require more return to offset inflation risk. In a weak economy inflation risk is typically low, but if you will look government bond rates are up because there is some risk of inflation and that is were the talk of raising fed funds comes from. A higher overnight rate to banks take money out of the economy.

    Quantitative easing does more than put dollar back in the economy, because when the government pays back debt it replaces bonds with cash that is where the liquidity. But the smarter thing is that the government has been retiring more expensive debt with cheaper debt. Pretty smart don't you think. I told all of you there was no risk of inflation until Europe's economies started recovering and that is beginning. That is also positive for our economy and will create jobs. See we pulled out of our recession quickly unlike Europe because they approached it like the Tea Party would have and it was a major mistake.
    menmon...you claim to have been a 'banker'....did you work for the Federal Reserve Bank?

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    menmon...you claim to have been a 'banker'....
    He also claims to be more intelligent than anyone on this forum .

    There is only one banker on this forum occasionally that makes sense! His initials are JH not ME.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  4. #44
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    menmon...you claim to have been a 'banker'....did you work for the Federal Reserve Bank?
    Food Bank
    Bill Davis

  5. #45
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Have you ever given thought to running for office? The nation could stand many more like yourself
    doing the thinking where it counts . At all levels!
    No sir. My past wouldn't pass the scrutiny and I don't have the charismatic personality to be a politician. Also, because my views on many issues have evolved as I've matured, I'd be labeled a "flip-flopper".
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    ...See we pulled out of our recession quickly unlike Europe because they approached it like the Tea Party would have and it was a major mistake.
    If by quickly you mean slower than any other time in history and the clock is still ticking then sure. If this is the logic from the banking industry the cash under the mattress idea seems better everyday.

  7. #47
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    menmon...you claim to have been a 'banker'....did you work for the Federal Reserve Bank?
    No but I was a debt analyst, so my job required me to understand the fed action

  8. #48
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    If by quickly you mean slower than any other time in history and the clock is still ticking then sure. If this is the logic from the banking industry the cash under the mattress idea seems better everyday.
    Too bad us that have our money in the market have had a 100% return since Obama became president. Can't help be like the guy.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Too bad us that have our money in the market have had a 100% return since Obama became president. Can't help be like the guy.
    Really!!!!! a 100% - it's been 6 years - Are you as literate as the sentence you posted?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Too bad us that have our money in the market have had a 100% return since Obama became president. Can't help be like the guy.
    Mike, the money I had in the market has increased more than five-fold since Obama became president. For those who can't do math, that is an excess of 30%/year return on average. Almost makes a guy feel like retiring at 53.

    Marvin, I'm not sure exactly what Mike was saying. But, if he meant that his investments doubled in 6 years, isn't that an average yearly return of about 13%. That really isn't too bad...
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-16-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •