The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Grady Pups

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Pontotoc Ms.
    Posts
    507

    Default

    With all due respect to everyone that reads this and participates on this forum to harm ment. No one has ever won the Kentucky derby on a mule. In the field trial world their are two groups, those who win and those who don't. Grady is bred because he is the best. We all won't and wish we had him or one like him. Chad never asked anyone to bred to him. We went calling. You take the good with the bad. You know that going in. Chad is a standup guy whos word is as good as gold in fort Knox. I have had numerous field champions and have bred a few of them. Taduh had at least one pup in every litter that had bad hips or bad something, but did that make her any less a great contributor to the gene pool ESP the chocolate dogs? I have said it and I stand by it, Grady will go down as one of the greatest sires in our game.

  2. #92
    Senior Member Jeff Brezee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE MN
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_wilburn View Post
    While not trying to start and argument. Lets ask the questions what does everyone think of all the Grady pups. Are they what everyone thinks they are or is everyone breeding to him because it is the "Cool Stud" ? I have talked to some people that have had Grady pups and they say they are a pain to train hard headed and such. Are we doing the sport a favor by using him in almost every litter at this point. look at the pedigrees of today and you will see that 2 or 3 stud dogs tend to dominate all breeding and at some point in the last three generations. Are we setting ourselves up for failure?
    How anyone could classify Grady as "flavor of the month" or the current "cool stud" is beyond me. My female Grady pup has been a complete joy to train. Incredible line manners, quick learner, high prey drive and was running to a 200 yard pile at 4 months. Sometimes I feel like she's on autopilot. If I were Chad and I was looking at those Colorado results, I would have pretty proud grin on my face.
    Jeff Brezee

    HR MHR Brezee Oak's Brother Bear MH "Bear"
    HR Brezee Oak's Keep to the Code SH "Jasmine"

  3. #93
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NW WI
    Posts
    3,697

    Default

    Well said, Kip, well said. From someone with the voice of both experience and success. Including now a fluffy with a Derby win.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs

  4. #94
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    In the field trial world their are two groups, those who win and those who don't.
    dang.......i was hoping there was a third group
    john mccallie

  5. #95
    Senior Member Choc24/7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    saginaw, mi
    Posts
    262

    Default

    my pup is a grandaughter and would not hesitate to have another...her dad is a riot to watch run and if she turns out half as good as her dad i will be happy..

  6. #96
    Senior Member allydeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GREEN BAY WISCONSIN
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I hope the breeding between Tubbs sister to Grady takes this week and have a chance to watch these pups run .

  7. #97
    Senior Member RJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central IL.
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allydeer View Post
    I hope the breeding between Tubbs sister to Grady takes this week and have a chance to watch these pups run .
    That sounds like it may have a whole lotta potential and fun to follow their progress. Good luck with the breeding.

  8. #98
    Senior Member John Kelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Catskill Mts. New York
    Posts
    1,826

    Default

    I own a Grady female from a QAA bitch ......Littermate to BB male . A true thoroughbred .We all love watching her run . SMART . How smart ? Diversion bird on the return from the long gun at a club trial .As she moved to the diversion . I loudly said NO , leave it . She now steps/swims away from the diversion .Very high powered is putting it mildly .Is she perfect ?? NOPE . But you damn sure have something to work with .The rest is up to me
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

    www.bashakilllabradors.com

  9. #99
    Senior Member Breck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Elverson, PA
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    With all due respect to everyone that reads this and participates on this forum to harm ment. No one has ever won the Kentucky derby on a mule. In the field trial world their are two groups, those who win and those who don't. Grady is bred because he is the best. We all won't and wish we had him or one like him. Chad never asked anyone to bred to him. We went calling. You take the good with the bad. You know that going in. Chad is a standup guy whos word is as good as gold in fort Knox. I have had numerous field champions and have bred a few of them. Taduh had at least one pup in every litter that had bad hips or bad something, but did that make her any less a great contributor to the gene pool ESP the chocolate dogs? I have said it and I stand by it, Grady will go down as one of the greatest sires in our game.
    .
    What I wouldn't give to have a puppy from Taduh today. And on from Kennon's great girl never bred while were at it.
    .
    Grady is a great dog and Chad's a great owner.
    When my older beat up battle worn bitch finally won an Amateur to title, running on 3 1/2 legs and brain cancer, which was great in it self, I will remember the 4th series waiting in the holding blind as NFC Grady ran in front of us. I know I was thinking' shit how we gonna' win this freekin' trial. She hit the test good enough to win that Sunday and Grady's a great dog. If he's bred to a Keila bitch call me early.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Breck; 07-30-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

    .
    Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie




  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    PINEY FLATS, TN
    Posts
    641

    Default

    The Centennial Trial this past weekend had winners in the Open, Q, and Derby from different bitches!
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •