The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have Accepted The Challenge

Default I Have Accepted The Challenge

As I am winding down a Radio Broadcast career of some 35 plus years, there is no doubt that my passion is Politics and the growth of the Libertarian Party in particular.

Saturday at the Meet The Candidates State Rally in Covington, La. I agreed to lead and oversee the candidacy of W David Chance against incumbent Dr. Charles Boustany (R) for the U S House Of Representatives.

Mr Chance 25 is an Oilfield Landman by trade and has a degree in Math and Science. He received 38% of the vote in a State Rep race two years ago at age 23 as a Libertarian.

At Saturday's meeting, Mr. Chance stood in front of the audience and quoted Thomas Paine for a good 5 minutes without a teleprompter or notes. He had me so fired up later talking about the War On Youth created by the Dems and Repubs that I just can't stay out of this fight!

Four months till November.

W David Chance
    U S House District 3
    Louisiana
    Last edited by Franco; 07-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

best of luck in this venture my friend. i hope you win. you will certainly be the state's next "carville"!!!!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    best of luck in this venture my friend. i hope you win. you will certainly be the state's next "carville"!!!!
    Thanks John, if we pull if off it would make for a major upset as well as make me an in-demand Political Consultant.

Two years ago Rep Dr Boustany beat Tea candidate Landry in a very tight race. Boustany did it by going to the black community asking for votes during the General Election. Well, the black community doesn't trust the Teas so they held their noses and voted Boustany.

Our approach is that we want to Represent everyone within the District. Reaching out to the black community as well as the under 50 year olds. That growing segment of Independents that aren't comfortable with the Repubs or the Dems. Third pincer of the attack will be directed at women and their Rights. We also have a situation where we want to preserve Pure Gasoline of Sportsmen and their boats and power equipment(outboards, chain saws, mowers etc) that are damaged by using Ethanol Gas. Lots of Sportsmen down here.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-13-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    As I am winding down a Radio Broadcast career of some 35 plus years, there is no doubt that my passion is Politics and the growth of the Libertarian Party in particular.

Saturday at the Meet The Candidates State Rally in Covington, La. I agreed to lead and oversee the candidacy of W David Chance against incumbent Dr. Charles Boustany (R) for the U S House Of Representatives.

Mr Chance 25 is an Oilfield Landman by trade and has a degree in Math and Science. He received 38% of the vote in a State Rep race two years ago at age 23 as a Libertarian.

At Saturday's meeting, Mr. Chance stood in front of the audience and quoted Thomas Paine for a good 5 minutes without a teleprompter or notes. He had me so fired up later talking about the War On Youth created by the Dems and Repubs that I just can't stay out of this fight!

Four months till November.

W David Chance
    U S House District 3
    Louisiana
    This thread is worthless without letting those of us who back good candidates know where to donate -
    I am assuming that this young man is a step above the general run of the mill Liberaltarian candidate .
    & some campaign literature

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

hey i vote for gas only! i just got my 4.5 canoe motor out of the shop from my son not running the line and carb dry last year when he put it away.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    This thread is worthless without letting those of us who back good candidates know where to donate -
    I am assuming that this young man is a step above the general run of the mill Liberaltarian candidate .
    & some campaign literature
    That will all be set up this week and will gladly post where you can contribute. The announcement to run was just made Saturday!

Right now, he is financing everything himself. He has his own business where he developed a GPS devise for tracking land ownership and oil/gas reserves. I don't understand the business but he has done very well for a youngster and he loves politics.

I think he is an exceptional candidate. He is a bit nerdy but, nerdy is in.

We are meeting all day on Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That will all be set up this week and will gladly post where you can contribute. The announcement to run was just made Saturday!

Right now, he is financing everything himself. He has his own business where he developed a GPS devise for tracking land ownership and oil/gas reserves. I don't understand the business but he has done very well for a youngster and he loves politics.

I think he is an exceptional candidate. He is a bit nerdy but, nerdy is in.

We are meeting all day on Tuesday!
    You did say he is a Libertarian?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You did say he is a Libertarian?
    With a capitol "L".

Way to jump in! Good luck.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Mr Franco,
    I give you a hard time on politics as our philosophies don't align (on some things).
    I have a principle I try to live by;

"FOLLOW YOUR HEART!"

And;

"The only thought more frightening than men arguing religion and politics is the thought of men NOT arguing religion and politics!"

Follow your heart Franco!
    "Give 'em HELL!"

All the best!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis